[Arc 17] Ch.5 Reunited Class

"You are being nosy and sentimental again." A familiar voice said and I turned around to see a woman with a semi-familiar appearance.

"Still going around looking for your boyfriend?" I said to my old acquaintance.

"Husband." She stressed and pinched me in the side. "He should be old enough to get married this reincarnation, but I haven't found him yet. What are you doing?"

"Just enjoying the show. That boy may be wearing a disguise, but he is pretty familiar with your parents. Remember when they both vouched for a kid into the Archana, that fox is him." I said.

"A fox, well he is handsome enough, but my husband should be old enough to be his father by now, that rascal." The woman huffed. "He has no luck with women, so I really have to search the far corners of society's bachelors to dig him up this time."

"Isn't it about time you stop waiting for him to reincarnate as a dragon and just make him an Immortal?" I asked.

"Don't you mean a Devil, and didn't we already make that mistake once? You know how my parents are about making Devils. Even though they freaking birthed the whole elven race. You would think they would be less uptight after so many thousands of years." she huffed.

"Actually, that kid has now told a story that has sympathized with them and even called them Immortals instead of Devils." I laughed. "He is quite the find, and he is well on the path to becoming an Immortal himself. If he helps your husband... well, will your parents even be able to say anything?"

"Hmmm. Do you really think the old man would go for it?" She pondered.

I met her eyes. "That boy Sebas is already raising a whole platoon of Devils on the Hearthroam campus under the sponsorship of the Red Queen of Warlocks. Do you really think that he has the stomach for another genocide and against her this time on top of it? Or perhaps he endorses it as well?"

She Growled at me. And then said, "I will see this for myself." she said as she turned away.

"They are called Sorcerers, their mentor under the fox, is the earless white rabbit, and he has a fascinating love story. If you harass him in any way before it unfolds or tragically withers, I may be obligated to step in. His new love story is mine and I will not tolerate any more interlopers." I warned her.

She grinned and showed her sharpened teeth for a moment. "Tell that to my old man, he made a fool of the gods once, don't dare him to do it again."

I giggled.

Oh that Shar'lita was so fun to tease with her gentle temper. And her honest heart was still chasing her Woodsmen in every lifetime. She was probably hoping for a hint on where to find the Woodsman but I gave her as much a hint as I'm going to this time

Us old ones called Permanents are truly the only ones that know the true order of this world. Other than a select few, everyone reincarnates in the same way. Even without their past memories they still become the same people. Fall in love with the same people, kill the same people. Their natures always lead them the same way, unwinding in the same patterns.

But now the fate of this world has begun unraveling.

The men of the northern continent have messed with powers and rituals they shouldn't and now this cycle of reincarnated people aren't following their fated paths. Just one of those symptoms was how Shar'lita couldn't find her Woodsman. She has been able to find him so easily lifetime after lifetime.

This time... something changed.

These Otherworlders... like Sebas, they are showing up again and now the stagnated soul cycle has fluctuated as if it has been jump started.