[Arc 16] Ch.10 Justice's Realization

"Disposed of?" Justice asked.

"Yep, in some of the stories, after the hero wins, the king decides the hero threatens his power and position and betrays the hero. Those stories follow a revenge fantasy plot where the former hero destroys the kingdom and conspirators. That... or they run away and live a fantastical slow life with plenty of large breasted women." Zen snickered. "I wouldn't mind a harem of large breasted women, even one would be good enough for me."

"Is that why you have been so on guard with the princess's advances?"

"Are you asking if I'm on guard because she's as flat as a castle wall or because her advances are all painfully forced? Then the answer is: yes." Zen snickered again at the Princess' expense.

"You seem to have many insights from your world. Are there as many large breasted women there?" Justice asked curiously.

"I'd say it's about the same, like I mentioned these objects of source material are all fantasy; they are always made in the likeness of the creator's fantasies."

"In the likeness of the creator's fantasies?"

"Yep, everything is always driven by a person's wants, needs, and fantasies." Zen explained. "You may think that you have it bad here, but it was just as bad in my world in different ways. Everyone needs some kind of escape and so the men and women of my world craft stories, adventures, games, and all manner of experiences to escape them. In rare circumstances there are those that try to make the world a better place for honorable means and in the not so rare occurrence there are those seeking to use the chaos to forward their own agenda or gains. Our worlds are more alike than you realize."

"I don't know if I find that comforting or tragic." Justice sighed.

"I think there is one major difference though. Here, everyone just does as they are told in one way or another. But in my world, there is the phrase 'follow your dreams' it is used by nearly everyone. Because, you know, everyone has a dream there. To become a great 'something', a great politician, a great businessman, a great entertainer. Some even have simple dreams, to own a house, to start a family, to garner respect from their loved ones."

Zen turned to Justice.

"What is your dream?" he asked Justice.

"I... I don't know. Nobody has ever asked me that before."

"Well... let's start simple, is there a girl you like?"

"I... I think there is a female I am fascinated with." Justice marveled at the simple truth of the statement. He really couldn't help thinking of Stygia, even though they were on opposite sides of the war, he held no malice towards her.

"That's a good start, I don't suppose wealth is hard for you to come by?"

"I've never really understood wealth."

"Noted. How about a home, not including your temple or churches or any kind of house, do you have a home you can go to, you know to get away from it all?" Zen asked

"I don't" Justice said almost incredulously. "Am I truly a homeless god?"

"Have you done it... have you ever had sex with someone else, or are you still a virgin?"

"I-I don't think that is appropriate!" Justice asked.

"Cool your panties, old man. It's not like I'm much better off." Zen said shamelessly. "So you are an old broke homeless virgin god. Did you take some kind of vow of celibacy or poverty of some kind?"