Arc.18 Ch.4 Tag Team

[Sebas]

Although I am not one to begrudge anyone too much but the quiet diligent Raven from class and this assertive "I am the enemy of all villains" Raven were far too different. We were only able to sleep until noon thanks to her logic of trying to keep us from being awake all night as delinquents since we hadn't graduated yet.

Not that I was against acting at a reasonable time of the day but it sure wasn't ideal. I was able to cuddle with so many pretty girls and she was getting in the way. And since Lilith wasn't here, I could let down my guard just a bit, but it was right back up when Liz pinched my butt the moment that I refused to get up right away.

Since we had to be careful, we paid for three nights and paid extra to not be disturbed with a lewd wink. Then we teleported to a nearby forest. I explained that teleport scrolls can be tracked to a degree with a skilled clairvoyant... which Cornelius evidently had. So we walked a ways, changed disguises several times with my magic and dropped dummy teleport scrolls right before we teleported again and changed our disguise for the final time.

"I'd call you paranoid but..." Flint said as he brushed down his latest disguise.

"This skill is exceptional and combating one who sees beyond common limits is no easy task." Raven said as she examined her katana which was now a longsword.

"Yes, that." Flint agreed. "We are finishing each other's sentences, maybe while we are undercover, we should pose as lovers." he leaned toward her and made a kissy face.

"If thou were the last lukewarm greasy-blooded dirt-mate on the upper and lower plane, I would kill you and then commit honorable seppuku in order to send our race into the ash." Raven sneered as she pushed his forehead away with a fan she received from Talisa.

"Oof, she burned you good." I teased.

"That's how I know she likes me." Flint winked.

"I think you have a better shot with Lancelot."

"Lotty's breasts are too big, and her head is out of whack, Raven's slight frame and perky assassin butt are the more enticing booty if you catch my drift." That comment earned Flint a flurry of whacks from a red-faced Raven.

Luckily, Raven was competent enough not to draw her blade and make a scene.

Putting so much effort into a disguise seemed to mellow her instincts out a little but she was still lawful good in our party of chaotic wonderland. Hell, at this point I don't even know if I'm not Chaotic evil. Flint was definitely closer to chaotic lawful since he was such a money grubber but that is enough nerd references for now... probably.

We bought ourselves some food and took a carriage to a nearby adventuring town. We got there at nightfall and rented a room at an inn and paid extra for discretion.

The next morning, we set out. This town was built next to a large low-level dungeon that the adventurers guild managed. Since it was built on this kind of culture it was easy to disappear into the crowd since it was a bunch of eager nobodies, retired veterans, and traveling merchants. Needless to say, there were a lot of people coming and going. So when we bought a bunch of packs and supplies, nobody batted an eye.

Once we were outside of observable city limits and we were no longer at risk of running into a stray adventuring party we kicked up the speed and zipped through the forest in style like a certain ninja anime where they hopped from tree to tree.

It took a while for us to find a steady pace but by lunch time we were able to make a lot of progress. When we stopped for lunch, we were at least a good two day's travel away from the town. I'm sure that whoever has staked claim on the dungeon we are going to raid has set up precautions for adventures going near there so I want to go around as much as possible.