[Arc 16] Ch.1 Dragon Immortals

[Above Talisa in disguise]

*

[Sebas]

Joining the caravan was no hard feat we introduced ourselves as a party to the caravan owner and the head of the guards. To be perfectly fair this was no simple arrangement of wagons and rough necked ex-adventurers. This Caravan company was the Rostel Vine Company. They made a life of circling the No'ad Federation going by all the ports and towns.

The carriages and wagons were huge and made-to-last moving fortress. And from what I could tell the dwarves had a hand in their invention since they could open up like transformers into shops and stalls. They also didn't lose out on having a luxurious feel to them.

In fact, normal caravan escort missions have a fairly low restrictions on adventurer ranks so that anyone can join as a means of travel. It helps merchant get protection and adventurers means to travel as well as a job. The Rostel Vine Company, for obvious reasons, had more strict policies on which adventurers could sign up. Namely a B-rank requirement and both the Caravan guard captain and the current Caravan leader had to pass off on them.

Having a party with the famous Rank S Amanda "The Fortress Breaker" was a quick ticket into almost any quest. And as part of her party there were no problems except the matter of Alpha's peculiar luggage. Which had to be glossed over with a warning about it endangering the caravan.

Another thing to note was that the Official Caravan Guards weren't slouches, they were honest to goodness Adventurers who were recruited into full service and professionally trained. Not only that, some were former knights and the service had been around long enough that there were even third generation caravan guards who looked almost more intimidating that palace guards I had met.

Having well known adventurers along wasn't as much needed as it gave the caravan the ability to use the adventurer's reputation to not only ward off bandits but to invite sales. Nothing sells products like a famous spokesperson. And with Amanda around they could guarantee not only her strength but her image, and at the end of the day, she is practically a veteran escort for them since she likes to travel so much, she's basically welcomed back every time she show up.

The situation almost feels like they domesticated her like a stray cat, with offerings of great work conditions, free food, and the ability to fight as much as she pleases so long as she doesn't damage any of the wagons or merchandize beyond her pay.

The conversation went something akin to:

"Amanda! My favorite adventurer! Have you come to join us yet again! I have a splendid menu selected for the help this time!" Said the caravan leader.

"Welcome back kid, it's always good to have you around, my wife gave birth to our first little girl. You should come by and play with her when you have a moment." the guard leader said.

"Any friends of Amanda's are friends of ours." the caravan leader said after we were introduced and then that was it. It was spooky how smooth it went. Even the quick warning Alpha received was nearly brushed off.

It felt more like a homecoming than applying for a job.

"See, I told you I could take care of it." Amanda said proudly as she led us away from the 5-minute meeting.

"Amanda is so reliable like an elder sister." Talisa held her sleeve up to her mouth as she giggled. A very lady-like move, elegant and well-spoken even though she has recently learned the language.

Amanda blushed and stuttered a bit. "Well, when you put it that way, I guess I am pretty reliable." She puffed out her chest proudly and her rabbit ears stood a little taller than normal. "Then just leave things to big sis, let me show everyone to where we will be-" at that moment Amanda the ever-elegant Rank S adventurer known for her unique magic and unprecedented speed... tripped over her own feet and cracked the ground with her face.