Chapter Forty-Eight

Two Months Later

"Babe, which one should I wear?" I step out of the closet with two dress options, one a midnight blue satin number with spaghetti straps and a deep slit running up my thigh, the other a black glittery dress that ended about mid thigh and had a halter style top. Both would match with what Harry had already decided he was going to wear tonight.

AJ and Mandy are hosting a big New Years Eve party and told everyone we had to come. It's not like we were going anywhere anyways. Harry and I spent the holidays just the two of us. Harry's sister wasn't able to come for Christmas due to her job, but we surprised her with plane tickets to New York over the summer. I still haven't spoken to my mother since that dinner, and she had stopped trying to get in contact with me. My dad came back from rehab in good spirits, but had a relapse after Thanksgiving. Currently he was doing another thirty day stint to fight for his sobriety.

With all that happening I was surprised by how good of a Christmas I had. It had never been my favorite holiday, especially since I always had to spend it with my family out at some restaurant. Harry had never really had a great Christmas either, so he was determined to make it special. We both cooked a full holiday dinner together, decorated Harry's flat, and spent way too much money on each other.

"The blue one." Harry says when he looks at my options, his eyes taking in the dress.

I smirk at him, knowing he's just picturing taking it off me at the end of the night. I hang it on the closet door, and put the other option back. It takes me a full hour and a half to get ready, going the full nine yards to bring in the New Year. I've curled my hair, making it as voluminous as possible, my makeup is dramatic with a smoky eye and glossy lips. I rarely ever put this much of an effort, but we're ringing in the New Year and Mandy said everyone should go all out.

I step out of the bathroom and head back over to the closet where I ponder over my selection of lingerie. Harry is already dressed, talking to Niall on the phone in the kitchen, so I sneak past him without seeing me. I decide to go bra-less, knowing there's no way I'll be able to wear one with the backless and deep-v dress. I do pull on some seamless panties, and finish off with my favorite pair of black heels.

I walk out, picking up my clutch and phone, and head towards Harry. He turns his head when he hears my heels clicking on the floor, and I see his eyes widen and jaw drop. I smile coyly when he says a hasty goodbye to Niall, hanging up on him quickly.

"Holy shit." He breathes out as his eyes drag up and down my body. His hand reaches out for my waist and he pulls me in closer, his eyes finally meeting mine. "You look... my god, are you trying to give me a heart attack." I laugh at his flustered self, but he just takes my hand and slips it right over his heart, his first few buttons open, showing off his sparrows. I'm shocked at just how hard and fast it's beating, not expecting to have quite this effect on him. I knew I looked good, but Harry sees me every single day. "You are so beautiful, my love. Think I just fell more in love with you. Didn't think that was possible, but you keep surprising me."

His hand squeezes mine as I blush and look away, not being able to handle the intensity in his eyes. "Thank you." I say meekly.

"Are you getting shy on me?" He teases me. His hand leaves my waist to lift my chin up, so I'm forced to look at him. "Seriously, Madison, you're just... wow... I love you."

I push him away playfully, a bright smile adorning my face, happy with his reaction. "Stop, Harry." I whine embarrassingly.

He laughs, tugging me back into him, my back flush with his. He buries his face in my neck, breathing in my perfume and practically moaning. "Not sure if we can go anymore. Won't be able to be around you all night and not touch you." His hands sneakily raise up to cup my breasts.