Chapter Seventeen

"What the fuck?! You got David Guetta?" I whip my head around to face Niall as our group gets comfortable towards the front of the crowd.

A proud grin forms on his face, "That's why I wanted you to come tonight. To see what I could bring to New York."

I suddenly remembered that this was technically a business deal in the making, "Right, this is a business meeting."

"Yes, so business-y." Niall comments sarcastically, making the both of us laugh.

I turn my attention back to the front of the club and start swaying to the beat. I look around to see the crowd dancing and jumping around excitedly. I had already made up my mind on the investment opportunity, but just seeing the scene surrounding me made me feel a lot more excited about the possibility of bringing this to New York.

Before I knew it, the crowd gets even more packed, squeezing everyone in, and it's become hot and sweaty. I don't actually go clubbing all that often, last week and tonight being the exception. I'm glad I had drank as much as I did earlier or this would've made me feel very claustrophobic and gross. I, especially, don't like the idea of sweaty strangers grinding into me accidentally and purposefully. Harry sensed some of my uneasiness and stood directly behind, blocking any unwanted touching. I suspect that was for me, but also to ease his mind. His jealousy obvious and pleasing to me.

I danced with Sophia for a long time, her making me laugh when she pushed Harry out of the way and wrapped her arms around me and grinding her pelvis against my ass. She reminded me a lot of Sadie and Kara, and I found myself wishing I could converge these two worlds.

"You are so totally getting fucked tonight." Sophia says right into my ear.

I burst out laughing and bury my face in my hands, "Stop!"

"Do you want me to be your wing woman tonight? I can make this happen. Harry looks like he could use a little relief." I glanced at Harry, whose shoulders were being gripped tightly by Louis as he was speaking into his ear. We made eye contact for a moment, a smirk appearing on his eyes as he looked down my body.

"Soph, don't you dare meddle." I warn her without taking my eyes off of Harry's figure. He was intently looking at Louis now as he spoke loudly to be heard over the music, but not loud enough for me to hear.

I turn around and look at her as she unwraps her arms from around me and lifts them up in surrender. She slyly slinks back to Liam, whose sweat is dripping down his forehead due to the wild dancing he has been doing. I laugh at the two of them as they start to salsa dance. Suddenly, I was bumped from behind and flung forward only to be caught by a familiar pair of arms.

I look up and I meet the green eyes haunting my dreams, "You always seem to catch me don't you?" I joke in reference to the numerous times I trip only to be saved by Harry.

"It's part of my contract." He straightens me up and links his hands at the small of my back, drawing me in close to him.

I send him a look, but rest my hands on his biceps, the feeling of my fingertips on his bare skin making my body ignite. I look into his piercing eyes, "Dance with me."

He smiled down at me, a soft look in his eyes, "I'm going to warn you: I'm not much of a dancer."

"I don't care if you're the worst dancer in the world!" I exclaim as I separate myself from him, grab his hand and twirl myself underneath it. He laughs loudly at my sudden burst of energy and spins me into his body, my back resting against his chest, "I just want to dance with you."

We stay like this all night, me moving my body to the music and Harry trying to keep up. I can't help but laugh at his awkward body movements, but I catch on quickly that he is exaggerating his terrible dance moves to make me laugh. My heart is pounding from the music, alcohol, and looks he is giving me. One moment his eyes are lustful, the next filled with utter joy. I can't stop looking at them, almost as if they are my only form of life source.