Chapter Fourteen

I wake up to the smell of bacon.

It's a great way to wake up. The only thing that would make it better would be if Harry were laying in bed beside me.

Those are my first thoughts this morning. My second thoughts are why do I smell bacon?

Confused, I lift my head off my pillow and look around my hotel room sleepily. I freeze when I see that I do get to wake up next to Harry. There he is, sitting, fully clothed, on my bed eating breakfast and watching TV.

"Um... Good morning?"

He looks down at me, mid-bite, startled by my voice. He quickly chews the eggs he just placed in his mouth and smiles down at me, "Good morning. Are you hungry?"

I furrow my brows at him, still way too tired to take in the scene in front of me, "Why are you in my room eating breakfast?"

"I have your extra key and I came in to wake you up, but you looked so peaceful I didn't have the heart to. I figured I would order us a traditional English breakfast for your first full day in the UK."

I groaned and plopped my head back down on my pillow, "Go away."

"You know, Jet-lagged Madison might be my least favorite Madison." He retorted.

"AJ tried to warn you about how I'm the worst." I say into my pillow.

"Nah, you're still my favorite, just my least favorite."

I turn my head toward him so I can give him a look, but he returns it with a playful smirk.

"Now get up, eat, because I've got a very large city to show you." He said as he tore the covers away from my body. Thankfully, I decided to wear my silk shorts to bed and not just underwear like I usually do in the summer.

The morning consisted of the usual playful banter and me complaining about how baked beans are a staple in an English breakfast. I begrudgingly got up and changed into some jean shorts and one of my old band tees.

Harry walked me around for a bit and we checked out little shops and I picked out a bath bomb to try in my bath later tonight. At noon he took me to a street food market where I had the most delicious Pad Thai I've ever tasted. He then got us a cab and refused to tell me where we were going. We rode for a little over half an hour when we finally reached our destination. Harry waited for me to climb out of the cab, looking like a small child on Christmas. I laughed and shook my head at him, but he just took my hand in his and guided me through a park.

"This is Hampstead Heath. I used to come here all the time during Uni. It's about a two hour train ride here and even when it was pouring down rain, it was just so peaceful. Helped me clear my head when things became a little too much." Harry said as we walked along a path. He didn't let go of my hand, instead lacing our fingers together making my heartbeat pick up and my stomach flip. This was getting dangerous, but I couldn't bring myself to tear my hand away from his. It was too comforting, too right for it to be wrong.

My mind again drifted to the beautiful fake-life we had if we didn't have restrictions placed on us. Which fantasy would this fit in? Harry bringing me back home with him, meeting his family for the first time. My nerves would be absolutely crazy, I would need Harry to repeatedly calm me down as we traveled to his childhood home, but everything would be fine when I got along with his mother and sister like they were my own and his father would be impressed by my gumption and drive.

I suddenly remembered something he had told me when he was drunk, "This is your favorite place, isn't it?" I looked up at him to see him staring in front of us, gazing at a small children's park filled with laughing kids.