Chapter Twenty-Four

"Madison, wake up."

I groan as I hear the familiar voice of my assistant wake me from my four hour slumber.

"It's almost seven. You need to get ready."

I open my eyes and see Mandy hovering over me, her long blonde hair almost grazing my puffy face. I blink heavily trying to get my vision to focus and I look around wildly momentarily forgetting where I am.

"What are you doing here so early?" I croak out and try to clear my throat of the grogginess.

Mandy rolls her eyes, "I told you I would be here early because I knew you would end up sleeping here and I emptied out your overnight case before you went to London and forgot to restock it, so I did that last night." She motions behind her where she has a cute box that opened up to reveal all my basic morning needs: toothpaste and a toothbrush, face wash, dry shampoo, and a small collection of makeup to make myself presentable for the coming day.

I can't help but smile at the gesture, "Thanks Mandy. I really appreciate it."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Mandy asked hesitantly.

I sigh heavily, "Not today..." I sit up on my couch and rub my eyes.

"How about..." Mandy starts once again rather hesitantly, but I can't really blame her considering how pissy I was yesterday. "I plan a lunch with the girls this week? You're free Thursday. I can pencil in an hour and a half? You, me, Sadie, Kara, and Marissa?"

"That actually sounds really great." I say as I brush out my hair with my fingers.

"Yay!" She claps her hands and stands up, "Now get up and make yourself presentable. It's a new day, Konrad!" She reaches for my arm and pulls me up, the blanket slipping to the ground as I groan.

"Okay, let's keep the volume to a minimum." I stretch and pick up the box when I see Mandy pick up the blanket, "Mandy, I'll take care of that. You're my PA, not my maid."

She chuckles, "Alrighty boss."

"Oh, also... I'm going to send you a photo that I would like blown up on a canvas. Can you get that done at the print shop on eighty-first and Dearborn? I would like it done by Monday." I mention awkwardly, the notion of getting Harry a gift for his new office feeling a bit weird now, but I can't help but want to do this for him.

"Yeah, send it to me today and I'll make sure it gets here by the start of the week. What size do you want it?" She asks as she types into her phone.

"Same size as this one." I gesture towards the large portrait of The Montmartre Vineyards in Paris. It was, ironically, my favorite place on the planet.

I spend the next thirty minutes getting ready, putting on the lightest makeup possible and wrapping my hair up in a tight bun. Mandy had also provided a change of clothes for me, a pencil skirt and mustard yellow blouse with a giant bow in the front. I slipped on my heels and made my way back to my office. I put the box of necessities in her office seeing as she was nowhere to be found and walked into my office with yesterdays clothes folded in my hands.

I stop in my tracks when I see Harry folding up the blanket that was left on the couch.

"What are you doing here so early?" I look at my watch to see it's only seven.

He turns to me as he finishes folding my blanket, "Thought I would get a head start on the new contract since we've got the board meeting today. Did you sleep here?" He asks with furrowed brows and narrowed eyes.

I walk over to my desk and set my clothes on the ground next to it, "Yeah, I ended up staying later than intended and was too tired to drive so I just slept on the couch."