Chapter Six

"Mandy, we will be out for the rest of the day. Feel free to leave at three today since you stayed late on Monday. Just forward any calls to Connie at the desk. She should know what to do."

"Thanks Madison, have a good day and I'll see you tonight!"  Mandy smiles at me and waves goodbye to Harry as we make our way to the elevator.

We stayed realatively quiet all the way down to the car park. I had some e-mails I was answering on my phone and Harry was re-reading the proposed contract for tonight. I knew he had it memorized since I had basically quizzed him last night when we stayed late. I was impressed with his ability to remember details so quickly and I had tasked him to take a large part in our dinner meeting with Elise Golding of Golding Diamonds. I had a good working relationship with the Goldings, but Elise was a bit of a tougher cookie to crack than her brothers, owners of Gold's Chocolate. I could woo them, but Harry was going to woo her.

Harry was rather shocked when I told him I wanted him to be an active participant, but I needed to see if he had the natural ability or if he needed extra coaching. That's why he was shadowing me. I had an inkling he would be a natural anyways. I led the way to Big Blue and popped the locks so Harry could slide in to the passenger side.

I looked at Harry as he got comfortable and he met my gaze. "It's pretty fucking adorable."

I just smiled at his description of my car and chuckled lightly before handing him my phone. "You can pick the music."

"Passcode?"

"0,0,0,0,0,0."

He laughed at my answer, but didn't say anything about it, "Apple Music, Pandora, or Spotify?"

"Spotify."

I had made my way out of the garage and onto the busy New York streets. I noticed he was taking a while to choose so I looked over and saw his brows furrowed, "What?"

He was silent for a moment longer before answering, "You have the most eclectic music taste I have ever seen. There are well over one hundred self-made playlists on here."

"Oh... yeah, I like pretty much everything and every week or so I get into a certain genre or artist. Sometimes it's just one song that I listen to over and over again all week." I answer with a shrug.

"Okay, what's your poison this week?" He asks as he looks over.

"Honestly?"

"Honestly."

I smirked and answered, "Nineties rap."

He burst out laughing and said, "Biggie it is."

The drive to our old records building was the most fun I've had at work in a long time. I was impressed with Harry's knowledge of the genre and enjoyed seeing his face light up and my car fill with laughter as I rapped along to Gangster Paradise and then, subsequently, Amish Paradise. He listened intently as I rambled off facts and trivia involving random songs and artists that were playing.

Our fun was only interrupted once when I got an incoming call from Sadie, the music stopping and my Bluetooth system connecting to my car on speaker.

"Hey, Sadie, you're on speaker in my car with Harry." I greet her so she won't say anything too embarrassing about the stuff I've talked to her about him.

"Hey Madison, Hi Harry, nice to finally, sort-of, meet you!" She exclaimed cheerfully.

"Hello Sadie, nice to sort-of meet you too." Harry chuckled to her.

"Why are you calling, S?" I ask.

"Just checking up to see if you're still meeting us tonight. We decided on Matchstick at eight."