God has a plan

Jessica spent a sleepless night at the hospital, just hoping to receive any information about Sam.
At 4:30 am. Sam's parents arrived.  Everyone was a total mess.  They just wanted Sam to be okay.

"Have you eaten or slept at all, dear?" Sam's mother asks.

"No ma'am.  I can't.  I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about him in there."

"Jessie, you have to take care of yourself."

"I know but I just can't right now.  I'll be fine."

Roberta sighs and turns to Jessica's mother.
"How are you Dorothy?"

"I'm okay.  How about you?"

"Well not great.. But I believe in the power of prayer.. Sammy will make it through this."

"Yes he will!" Dorothy nods.

"I just need to see him. I hate this." Jessica says.

"Soon, honey. They only let two in at a time, when they allow us, Steve already said you and I can go in first."

"No, you two should be the first ones to see him."

"No trust me, Samuel would rather see you before me." His father chuckles softly.

"Thank you..
  Will you excuse me.."

"Of course!"

Dorothy sighs and says, "That is about the fifth time she's ran to the bathroom in the last hour.  She's so sick over this!"

"We all are.  I cannot believe what's happening!" Roberta says, tears pouring down her face.

"I'll tell you one thing, I'm gonna make sure Danny doesn't see them or anyone else ever again!" George says.

"George honey, go sit down." Dorothy says.

"I'm serious!  He's messed up before, but this is on a whole other level!"

"I know.. I'll be back, I'm gonna go check on Jessica."

**

Hours pass and nothing.  Until finally Sam's doctor came out.

"The Shepard family?"

"Yes?!" Everyone jumps up.

"How is he?" Jessica asks fiddling with her fingers.

"He's stable.  We've put him into a medically induced coma."

"For how long?" She asks.

"That is to be determined.  His brain is so swollen, this is what is best for him."

"Can I see him?"

"Yes.  But please, one person at a time."

"Oh just one?  Roberta, you go!  You're his mother." Jessica holds her stomach and takes a deep breath.

Roberta shakes her head and takes a moment.
"You're his world.  You go."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive.  I'll see him in a bit."

Jessica tears up and hugs her future mother in law.
"Thank you."

"Of course, honey.  Now go in there and talk to him.  He can still hear you!" Roberta looks her in the eyes and smiles softly.

**

Jessica was guided back to Sam's room.  Before entering she stopped to take a few deep breathes.
She was so nervous to see him this way.

When she finally walked in, she silently cried.
"Oh my gosh.. My Sammy.  Oh baby, what did that monster do to you?"

Jessica walks closer and holds his hand.
"Sammy.. I'm so sorry.  I've always known Danny was bad.. I just never knew he was this bad.  But he won't get away with it.  He will pay for what he has done to us."

Jessica then softly caresses his cheek.  He didn't even look like the same person.  His face was all busted up, and swollen.

"I still think you're handsome, honey.  You're the most handsome man I've ever met." Jessica spoke in a soft voice before leaning over to kiss his cheek very gently.

Jessica continued talking to him a while longer.
"You're parents are here, Sammy.. they really want to come in and see you..
  I just can't get myself to leave you."

Jessica then made sure no one was coming.
"Mind if I squeeze here next to you?" She asks laying beside him with his hand in hers.

"Yesterday was so fucked up.  The whole day.. it was just terrible!
  But you know what?  You stood up for me and for Juju.  You love us so much, Sam.. No one has ever loved me as much as you do.  I'm so so lucky to be your wife.. well almost wife." Jessica smiles softly. "And our children are lucky to have you as their daddy.  All of them."

She then sighs and places his hand on her stomach.
"Sammy.. this is not at all how I wanted to tell you, but.." Jessica looks up to him and whispers, "We're having a baby, Sam.  Can you believe that?  Another little Shepard!  I found out a couple days ago.. I hope you're happy.  I am..
I know this wasn't planned but.. after losing Simba, and having a miscarriage before Evie.. I've learned that each child is a blessing.. and even if you feel you're not ready, or you thought you were finished having babies.. their your child,, and no matter what, you were meant to have them in your life.  Even if it were only for a short time..
  God has a plan for us, Sammy.  We're gonna be okay."

***
I'm surprised too, this wasn't planned lol!