10. The Senate

Isao Akane

It was Friday. The children should come from school soon. I opened the mailbox and stared at the letter with the Kuran symbol.

'Is something wrong?' Koari asked when she saw my face. I walked in the room an showed her the letter. 'What is inside?' She asked. Can't she see that I hadn't opened letter yet. I read the letter out loud:

'To the Aristocrats family Akane. By this letter, the royal pureblood Kuran invited you to the Senate ball. We hope you will arrive round eight o'clock at the backside of the Kuran Mansion. Let it be a very pleasant night. '

'So they want us to come to the Senate, why?'

'Because our family is one of three high families in the Senate. Long time ago, the head of the Kuran family started to pick up families who have to protect his bloodline. By the time a lot of families fail his quest. Only Akane, Ichijo en Shiki stay stand.'

Koari laughs. 'Exactly the three families who support Rido Kuran.'

'Kaname Kuran doesn't know that.'

'Sound like you're planning to go,' Koari said. 'What about Kaiya, Kaname would recognize her.'

'I think only, me and the twin go. You stay here with Kaiya.' At that moment the door flew open.

'Dad, you won't believe me. Kaiya and I had trapped Akio today,' Kerria said happily.

'Is that why you're cheek s red?' I asked to him.

'Those girls are forcibly!' He said angry and walked out the room.

'I don't wanna know what you have done,' I said to Kerria. Kaiya was sitting on the bank staring at us.

'Something wrong?' Koari asked.

'No I am fine. I just do not like it that Akio is anger at me.'

'Come on, you had fun to,' Kerria said. 'And he will be fine.'

'I you might be right. He is just angry because he said that we were not able to fool him.'

'Kids,' I said. 'We have to go shopping. You need a ball dress and me en Akio need a new suit.'

'Why dad?' Kaiya asked.

'We just had a letter, me and my children were invited to the Senate, sadly I am afraid someone would recognize you there and will try to kill you.'

'Oh.'

'I am so sorry, Kaiya,' Koari said. 'But we cannot take the risk. You had luck that you survived.'

'That's not the luck, I had luck I was found by such a lovely family,' Kaiya said.

Kerria Akane.

The chauffeur opened the door.

'We arrived at the Kuran mansion, mister and missis Young Akane,' the man said. I stepped out the car. In the reflection , I saw that my hair was still up and me red dress was beautiful. Akio stand next to me. He wore a black and white suit, but he refuse to wear the tie.

'The two of you look wonderful, let go inside,' dad said. I looked around. There were so many famous actrice and singers in the ball.

'Shall we sit on that table,' Akio said and he point to a table next to the wall. I nodded and we take our place.

'Why is it not a surprise to see you,' a man said.

'Hey, Manuel, who is it. Haven't see you in a while,' dad said.

'Yeah. Those must be your kids,' he said. 'Not a surprise, a strong boy and a beautiful daughter.' I blushed. 'They are going to do the job? We are going to start our parties again.' Dad stared at him.

'What are you talking about?' He asked. At that moment a door flew open and he room was silent.

The Pureblood prince was walking in the room. 'Everybody, Pureblood Kaname Kuran!' said Ichijo.

Everybody stand and bent for the pureblood. Everybody, that mean me, father and Akio also however we are for Rido Kuran.

'Sorry, I didn't wish to interrupt everyone. Pleas, continue to have fun. '

'Kaname-sama,' someone said. 'That you've turned against the Elder Council and in addition to protect the humans. Is that true?'

'Yes, it is true.'

'As expected of Lord Kaname. He wants everyone to get along. In order for a future with us and humans. What a honorable move. ' Three persons stepped forwards. To man and a girl.

'Kaname-sama, I thank you for looking after my son.'

'Thank you for the entertainment today, Aido-dono,' Kaname said. 'I am not used to gathering like this, That's why I rarely attend them.'

'Don't worry about it. In any case, I have a special request to ask you today. This is my daughter Tsukiko Aido. I hope that might be you love. This is our clan's wish.'

'Father stop this,' the son said.

'I don't know what the future will bring. I keep this in my mind. '

'Lord Kaname, pleas meet also my daughter,' another person said.

'Go let Kaname meet your daughter,' the friend of dad said. I looked at dad.

'Come,' he said and the two of us walked to the middle of the room. At that moment Kaname looked our way. His eyes were familiar because of Kaiya, but I felt his gentle behavior and I bushed.

'Lord Kaname,' father said like he was talking to a wall. 'This is my daughter, Kerria Akane.'

'Nice to meet you,' Kaname said. I didn't dear to look his was.

'Good evening Kerria.'

'Why does Kaname, replied her name!' another girl screamed.

Isao Akane

'You have to meet someone,' Manuel Shiki whispered in ear.

'Who?' I asked.

'You children should find you're old friends,' Manuel said to my children. They looked at me.

'Come,' he said and he pulled me in a corridor.

'What is this about,' I said full of anger. Asato was also in the corridor.

'Follow me,' Manuel said and we followed him to a room. There was a boy sitting in the middle of room. 'Guy this is the reborn, Rido Kuran.' I stared to the boy who had to different eye color.

'Want to show you someone,' the boy said. I was still speechless. He walked to the room in the dark. He knocked on a door. A girl opened the door and stared it in the dark.

'Kaname was that you?' I was shocked when the light of the room inside shine on her face. It was Kaiya face, but not have eyes.