The beginning of the end

Começar do início

After getting lectured by Ms.Goodwitch on how 'You shouldn't just randomly engage in a fight' and that 'We are students at Beacon Academy, we should think of the school's reputation' and all that, we went straight to our dorm and collapsed on our beds. Team NNR like many nights joined us and we had a mini sleepover with small pillow fights that ended in full out war and talking 'till we fell asleep. 

We all slept peacefully that night, and even though we stopped the most wanted Criminal in Vale, we didn't know that he was just a Pawn....and that the Queen was about to strike.
***
Earlier that same Day: 3person's P.O.V

It was midday in the city of Vale, everyone was on about their day and walking around the corner was a student from Heaven. Or so it looked. The girl walked down the street and into a shop. She entered the dimly lit bookstore and read the sign above just to make sure she was in the right place, she smiled when she saw she was. 

She went up to the front and rang the bell on the counter. From the back of the store came a muffled "Be right there!" she waited patiently until a middle-aged man came out of the door. He was looking the other way and carrying two enormous stacks of books in each hand.

"Welcome to Tukson's book Trade! Home to every book under the sun." he put down the books and turned around. Tukson had black hair and yellow eyes, he wore a red t-shirt and had a look of surprise on his face.

"How may...uh..." he looked at the woman in front of him and paused for a moment. She flashed him a friendly smile, assuring she came in peace "How may I help you?" he finally choked out. Cinder turned around and walked around, pretending to inspect the bookshelves. She started making small talk with him and asking about which books he had, never offering to buy one though.

After a minute or two, she decided to pick up the pace, after all, a customer might walk in any second. So she finally asked, "Do you have the Third Crusade?" Tukson paused, a man had bought the last copy that morning "Um...no ma'am I'm sorry I don't believe we carry that one" he said, not wanting to disappoint his customers.

"Oh really?" the woman asked. Tukson tensed as he felt an ominous aura radiating off of her. Cinder hummed "What was the name of this place again?" she asked "Tuksons book trade: Home to every book under the sun".

"Except the Third Crusade," stated Cinder. Tukson sighed "It's just a catchphrase" Cinder glared at him "You shouldn't make a promise you can't keep, Tukson". She spat out. She walked out to the front and slowly started to close the blinds of the store "I hear you're planning on leaving" she closed the first set of blinds "Moving all the way to Vacuo." she closed the second set of blinds "Your brothers in the White Fang wouldn't be happy to hear that, and neither am I" the third and last set of blinds were closed. It was almost pitch black in the store, only the light of the backroom shone.

"You know who I am, don't you?" she asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yes"

"And, you know why I am here?"

"...Yes."

"So...are you going to fight back?" there was a pause "...YES!" and with that, Tukson bared his claws and pounced. Cinder smirked, barely having to move a finger to get the job done.

***

The current Fall maiden walked towards the not-so-abandoned warehouse feeling the urge to slice someone's throat. As she was getting closer she heard his stupid voice booming at some underlings "Look here you little punk, if it were up to me to lead this operation I'd-"

"-You'd what, Roman?" asked a toneless cold voice. The most wanted of Vale tensed and turned around laughing nervously "Ah! Cinder...what a lovely surprise" she glared at him.