Initiation pt. 3

Ruby:

I shot at the Nevermore with everything I had but he just seemed dazed. He swooped by the third time and right under us, making the ruins collapse. Using our weapons we managed to get on the remains of the ruins. Oscar landed next to me and sighed as Mercury and Emerald kept attacking the Grimm from afar.

"None of this is working!" he said. I glanced at Emerald's long hooks and at Mercury who was shooting at the Nevermore. Then I thought for a moment.

"I have a plan!" I told him about my plan. Oscars' eyes widened "Are you insane!" he shouted. I smirked, "Haven't we had this conversation already?".

"Ah-ha, ha, ha, hilarious!" I heard him call as I leaped from the ruin and went to inform Em and Merc about the plan.

***

Nora:

Ren, Neo, and I were battling the Deathstalker and Neo was taking the lead. We dodged all of its attacks but we couldn't keep this up, we would need to take the offensive sooner or later.

"Any ideas on what to do with this thing?" asked Ren. I pierced my sticks and activated the electricity it seemed to hurt him but it wasn't enough to kill him.

'Yeah, I have a plan' signed Neo. I caught my breath "Is it a good plan?" I asked.

'I have a plan' repeated Neo. Oh boy, this is not going to end well. The Deathstalker came at us again and we dodged, it's stinger penetrated the stone floor making the bridge even more unstable.

"We gotta move!" I called stating the obvious. We ran forward and played along to Neo's plan. How did we know what the plan was when she never told us? I don't know, Anime logic. Ren mounted the Grimms tail and shot it at the end. Unluckily the Grimm shook him off and send him flying. 

"Ren!" I shouted watching him plop down on the grass. 'Concentrate!' signed Neo and pointed at the half-cut stinger. She then pointed at me and the Grimms face.

"On it!" I said. I jumped and whacked the Deathstalker on the head. While the creature was busy with me Neo jumped, sprang the blade of her umbrella and cut the stinger. The bridge went down completely but not before Neo grabbed my hand, opened her umbrella and we landed softly next to Ren.   

***

Ruby:

The plan was in action.

Mercury shot at the Nevermore guiding him towards Oscar, who was perched on top of a beam. When the Nevermore swooped by Oscar jumped, landing on the Grimms back. He ran towards its wing and whacked the start with his cane. This caused the Nevermore to lose balance and go face-first into the side of the cliff. Oscar jumped off just in time and he and Mercury started attacking just enough to get him dazed.

"Emerald now!" Emerald threw one of her hooks at me and I pierced it at the side of a beam. She held on to the other one. I jumped in the middle and using my semblance propelled myself towards the Grimm. I opened Cresent Rose just in time to put it around the Nevermores neck. I then did a backflip and with all the pressure, its head came off.

I landed near Oscar and Mercury as Emerald joined us. We were all out of breath and exhausted.

"It worked?" questioned Mercury. Emerald fist-bumped the air "It worked!" she confirmed. We all laughed and celebrated "Okay it's official, we're running on luck and adrenaline at this point" said Oscar.

"Who cares! It worked!" I hugged him and we went to check if the rest were okay.

***

"Jaune Arc, Phyrra Nikos, Blake Belladonna, and Weiss Schnee. The four of you retrieved the black bishop pieces. From this day forward you will work together as team JPWB (A/N: Please just go with it) lead by... Jaune Arc" Phyrra congratulated him and we clapped as the new team was assembled.

We were in the ceremony with Headmaster Ozpin announcing the new teams. Suddenly he called our names and we went upstage.

"Ruby Rose, Oscar Pine, Mercury Black, and Emerald Sustrai. The four of you retrieved the White Knight pieces. From now on you will work as team ROME lead by... Ruby Rose" my eyes widened. I-I was what? 

Couldn't've picked a better leader!" said Emerald. We had our first group hug as team ROME and got downstage.

"Now this year we have a special occasion..." said professor Ozpin "For the first time in Beacon history, thanks to an odd number, we have now a group of three. Lie Ren, Nora Valkyrie, and Neo Politan. The four of you retrieved the White rook pieces, from now on you will work as team NNR (Nar). Lead by... Neo Politan."

Neo's face was priceless, I've never seen her happier. Team NNR came down and joined us in the bleachers. We all celebrated together not only for our new teams but for our new home, Beacon.

Oscar intertwined his hand with mine and squeezed it three times like he always did. I smiled at him and at our team, looks like things were shaping up to a good year.

We went to our assigned dorm room which was right in front of Nora, Neo, and Rens. We went to sleep unaware that the most wanted criminal in Vale was just at the other end of the city plotting something.

***

3rd person:

Somewhere in the city of Vale, Roman Torchwick leaned in on a desk overviewing a map. He was talking to someone on the radio, as the man delivered his bad news the villain slammed the communication device on the table and sighed.

Roman looked up to a map of Vale covered in red marks. He pulled out his usual cigarette and lit it on fire. Suddenly a White fang goon came in with a cart. The man stopped in front of him, waiting for instructions. Torchwick gave a nod of approval and passed him a few Lien.

"Open it" ordered the villain. The masked man opened the cart reviling a load of shimmering dust crystals of various shapes and sizes. Torchwick grabbed an ice crystal inspecting it while pondering on something.

"We're going to need more men" he stated firmly. Then he smirked, they were almost ready to initiate their plan.