Chapter 40 - Dresses

"Everything looks good on you, but this," she paused, "this looks heavenly on you dear," Lily said as I twirl on the platform wearing the third dress in a small boutique in town. There are not many dress shops in town to choose from so we are taking our time here. 

Oh, and Lily, yes, Lily is with me. Gage and I announced our engagement to the boys on New Year's morning and a few days later we decided to call Eric and Lily and give them a big surprise. The happiness that resounded over the phone was very evident that they chose to finish their Asian cruise, pack their bags and come home after a few weeks from that call.

We agreed to have our wedding around spring, giving us a few months to prepare. It would be a very simple celebration held in the cabin, with just us, the boys, Eric, and Lily, and some friends.

It's been three months since I said yes to Gage, three months since he knelt in front of me and poured his heart out. At first, fear consumed me thinking of how my first wedding has gone. But as I look back over the past months of our relationship, how we complete and balance each other, how we continue to fill each other's blank spaces, and how we manage to rebuild each other's life only proves that there is nothing more certain than the choice I made to be with him forever.

Life is too short to waste any more second. It has been just a few months but I know the small choices we are making are leading us on the right path towards our future.

And for now, one big choice I'm about to make is among these three astonishing dresses. The two dresses are splayed on both sides of Lily and the third one clung to my body.

The first dress is a white toned-down mermaid lace silhouette that fits the upper part of my body like a second skin just until a few inches above my knee and gradually flares as the soft tulle and lace touch the floor. Its sweetheart neckline cuts a little low showing off more cleavage than I wanted.

Although the thought of making Gage drool over me in this gown tempts me, the tight upper area around my legs makes it hard for me to move around. I did not prefer stumbling down the aisle for him, and for sure, there'll be no drooling over that scene.

The second dress is a white classic ball gown with its dreamy length adding a fairy tale-Cinderella effect to it. The corset-like bodice emphasized my slim torso and pushed my tits way up, almost having them spill out of the fabric. The full skirt flows from just below my waist down to the floor in layers of soft tulle and regally designed diamond beads ran around my waist connecting the corset to the skirt.

I love how my legs aren't confined tightly in the fabric of the skirt, it helps me move around. That gown is too dreamy, and I'd looked like royalty in it but I'd rather go for something simple and with less volume.

"I might agree with you Lil," I said as I brushed the upper skirt of the third dress that I'm wearing.

This dress is a simple sheath silhouette of beads and lace on satin that starts off with a thick strap that falls a little to my shoulders. The neckline is a subtle V that ends mid-chest, just enough to reveal my cleavage. The upper part clings to my body pleasingly stressing the curves of my body. And the skirt falls freely from my hips down to the floor.

This dress is just perfect. What it lacks in volume makes up for its versatility. I think I found the one.

"This is it, Lil. I love this one." I said as I do a once over in front of the full-length mirrors in three angles.

She sniffled her response and I quickly turned to her. "Oh dear I'm sorry, I'm just so happy." 

In quick strides, I reached her and engulf her in a hug, which she returned sweetly. "Lily I am too. I am very happy."