Chaapter 14 - The Return

I ran to the main room and found Tag and Gage fixing my suitcases. I stopped in my tracks, they're deep in their conversation, they did not even notice I'm there.

As much as I want to make my presence known to them, I stood still and eavesdrop.
"She's different." Tag said to his brother.

"Yeah, she is. Deep down she's broken I know. But she's hiding something." Gage replied.

"And I want to fix her, you know me. I can do that for her. I don't care about her secrets."

"Oh, I know you too damn well man. And I don't think you can. You can't be serious."

Are they talking about me? Am I giving my broken side off too easily to them?. How would they know? Maybe they got a hint last night when I reacted about Emily's death. Or maybe they know I've been involved with each of them. Oh God, I forgot they're brothers, and if they talk openly like this, then they surely kiss and tell. Don't they?

"Just don't do anything stupid okay?" Gage demanded his older brother. "Whatever it is we'll soon find out. We can help her."

I decided to knock on the open door to stop any more of their conversation about me or not. "Hey, guys. Thanks for bringing up my bags."

"Oh hey! How long have you been there?" Tag asked quite shocked at my arrival.

"Just now. Why? You been snoopin' around my stuff?" Tag shook his head laughing.

Gage on the other hand, just looked away scratching his head like he's frustrated. "Meal's ready. Be down in five okay?" He heads down not waiting for a reply leaving me with Tag.

"Sooo how's town?" Tag asked sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Mmm, it's fine. The town's fair is comin' up. We could close down and all go there if you guys are up for it." I said heading to one of my bags to change into something comfy.

Tag swiftly stood up and grabbed me in his arms. I thought of pushing him away but the warmth of his touch soothes me. "Stop resisting me. Please." He whispered softly as he kissed my forehead. "I still want you like that night."

I sighed. I did not fight him off but I did not give in either. "Lunch." I said. "They're waiting."

"Okay but you know you can trust me right?" He kissed me again and then he's gone.

I sat down where he was and thought about the things I have done over the past week. I got myself in this mess with four brothers who, I can't seem to resist. I know I need to talk to them. I need to clear things out. I don't want them to destroy their relationship over me. But can I really ignore the fact that they want me as much as I want them? Rob said they won't back down. How can I fix this?

Gage and Tag know something, they know I'm hiding something. At the same time, they wanted to fix me. If I give in and come out of the dark, will it be better for me, for them? Will they understand?

I stood up, took a deep breath. Maybe it's time they know the truth. I head down the cafe with a plan. They're all sitting at the table. I approached and took a seat. We dig in our lunch quietly. Towards the end of the meal, "Uhm guys," trying to catch their attention. They all looked at me, "I want to tell you guys something." Now they're just attentively waiting, "There's something I-"

"Excuse me." A voice from behind me echoed in the silent cafe. The guys looked behind me. "Room for one please?" Kayne immediately stood up to assist the guest.

I looked back as I stood to welcome the guest, "Welcome to the--  Jason?" His smile grew wide but mine faltered. He dropped his bags and motioned in for a hug.