Chapter 6 - Heat

I can't believe I had good sleep for my first night in the cabin. I woke up around four in the morning, just like I always do and head on out for a morning run.

I decided to take a path through the trees at the back of the cabin. The majestic towering pine surrounds me. Crunching of dried leaves and twigs under my foot, distant chirps of crickets and my calm breathing are the only ones I hear. I looked up as small twinkling lights shone like silver petals among the trees. The peace of the morning soothes my shattered soul. I can't help but smile. This place is paradise.

It took an hour for me to explore the majesty of the forest and return back to the cabin. Upon reaching the cabin I held on to one of the porch ledge trying to regain my breath. Just as I was about to calm myself, a door swung open revealing Tag coming out, and stretching away sleep.

He literally just got out of bed, I think. His disheveled hair, droopy eyes and... and... what the fuck? He still got his morning wood on. Oh, he really just got up. He's only wearing his boxers and it can't hide his awakened length from me.

I looked away, and just as I'm about to leave, I accidentally tipped a glass of water from the ledge.

"Holy fucking shit!" he shouted at the sound of glass shattering against the wooden floor. "Rachelle?!" He realized it's me and then his other self realized it too as he tried to hide it away with his hands.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to startle you. I went for a run and I was just catching my breath and... and..." Oh God, I'm a high-pitched babbling mess. How do I get out of this? I put my hands up trying to shield my sight from what was previously on display. "I'll leave you to it. I'll get inside now."

I turned away, circled my way to the front of the cabin and went inside. Since no one's down yet, I decided to make coffee for everyone.

I grabbed the bag of Arabica beans from the cupboard and poured some in the grinder. The ground beans automatically fall to the filter and start brewing. I admire the nice setup Lily got in the cafe. Everything is so simple and neat.

"Mmmm. That smells so good." Tag came in, now fully dressed. He's wearing sweatpants and a plain white shirt that clings to his body. His hair still in all directions but it makes him look hot.

I need to speak up unless I want him to think I'm a crazy-staring-mute bitch. "I'm making coffee. Want some?"

He smirks and nods "Yeah!" coming inside the counter. No words were said as we wait for our coffee. The heavy sound of the coffee maker fills the air. I looked at him just as he looks at me, and we both chuckled.

"Hey. I'm really sorry about that."  I spoke up first.

"Nah that's just normal." he said shaking his head in embarrassment.

"Well, not for me." We laughed.

We head out to the patio with our coffee. Tag sat beside me and propped his legs up the other chair. We sat in silence for a little while. I admired once again the lush greenery surrounding the cabin. The serenity of our mere existence in the middle of the forest.

I glanced at Tag as I sip my coffee and caught him staring at me. "This is my favorite." He speaks, breaking the silence. "Every chance we all get, we just sit here and relax."

"This would be my favorite too. It's just so peaceful." Dismissing the fact that he was staring. But hell why do I feel so flushed. I just ran an hour drenched in sweat.  I'm still wearing my track pants and a tank top, with wet maps along the backside and the abdomen. Maybe he's looking at my disgusting state. I should have showered first.