Chapter 28 - The Plan

Gage put my car in 'park' as he stopped in front of a cute little bungalow near the town center.

After Tag and Kayne gave everyone designated weapons and radios, Tag instructed Gage to bring me here. Based on everything we know so far and the suspicious things about Jason, they all decided it is better for me to stay away from the cabin for now.

At first, I was against it, I know Jason wouldn't hurt me, I'm more worried about the guys. If Jason really is back in my life to continue what he had done before then he is most likely targeting the guys.

Jason had not done anything yet but as Gage said, it is better for us to be prepared. Which brings us back here.

The bungalow is located just a street away from the main town. Similar houses lined up on both sides of the road. This house is their familyĺ house, however, due to the living arrangements we now have in the cabin, no one has been here for quite some time.

The grass that covered the lawn already grew tall and some plants around the house have withered. Gage jingled his keys and opened the door for us. "I'm sorry, everything is a mess. C'mon in."

Inside, a cute little three-seater sofa welcomed us in a corner by the living room, cute curtains draped on the windows alongside framed pictures of them on the wall. A shelf wall divided the living room and kitchen and on the far end of the hallway, I see doors that lead to what I'm guessing are the rooms.

I looked around and decided to come close to the solo pictures of the boys that hang side by side on the wall. They all look young and cute. Another one is of their whole family maybe about fifteen years ago. Their mom and dad looked like historical teenage cheerleaders and quarterback couples, their mom, simple model-like beauty and their dad boast of brawny body and good looks. A faint laugh came out of me as I look at it closely, I noticed the boys had gap teeth and still looked good with it.

"Hey, that was a long time ago," Gage said as he sat down the couch. "C'mere." He asked me to sit next to him.

"I see you all had your teeth done, except for Kayne, he still got a little gap on his front teeth until now." I chuckled.

"But we never did anything with them, it just naturally fixed itself." He positioned himself facing me. "Let's get serious though." I saw his face turn dead flat and he clenched his jaw hard and his tone mad serious.

I nod in response and he took out the contents of his duffel out into the living room table. Five guns, four knives, two radios, and a vest.

"This," he said grabbing the rifle "is a long-range hunting rifle. This can shoot up to five hundred yards. And this is a semi-auto Glock-19, better handling for you, I guess. Then we have our knives, and radios, always on this channel okay? And this is your vest. We get two each on the knives, one each for the radios, rifle, and pistol and you get the vest and this little killer here." He grabbed the smallest pistol on the table. "This is a pocket pistol, this is your last defense weapon, you can keep it tied to your ankle inside your boot, easy to use, easy to conceal. Tomorrow morning we'll head out into the opposite side of the woods and I'll teach you how to use these."

I nod and closed my eyes, this was all too much. "Hey hey hey Rach," he said grabbing my face and looks at me straight in the eye, his caring tone back "remember just a precaution okay? We will not use them if we don't have to. But when worse comes to worst, and I'm not there, or my brothers aren't there, I don't want you to hesitate okay?"

A single tear fell on my cheek. Just when I thought everything would turn out okay, my secret was out and we all found a way to get through it, but now Jason needs to come and complicate things. Another tear fell as I close my eyes. I felt his soft lips gently kiss where the tears have fallen and he took me in his arms, wrapping me securely with his strong arms.