Chapter 10 - Into the Sunset

"You boys take care of each other!" Lily encased the guys in a tight hug. "Don't give Rachelle problems, okay? She's family now, you all are family now." Lily continued including me in the group hug gently not to squeeze my shoulder too hard.

Eric comes up and joined us, "Ah, Thank God for all of you. You all are like our children. " Mmmm's and aaaahhh's were heard from all of us. "Now I wish I would know how it feels like to be a grandfather." Eric continued.

We all eased out of the group hug. Awkward silence hovering us as we stand by the airport terminal. I sense eyes on me, not just one pair but like six freakin' pairs of eyes. This just got immensely weird.

"Don't worry about it Pa." Rob mused cutting off the silence. They all giggled and I managed to let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Yeah right, Rob! You haven't been in one date dude." Tag teased. Rob smirked waving Tag off.

"Says the guy who dates everyone." Gage joins in. "I'm just wondering why Pa doesn't have like a hundred grandkids yet by now."

"You're just jealous 'coz you can't get over Emm--- ahhh" Tag grunts as Gage swings a light punch and we all just laughed.

"Well, my hopes are still up for Kayne and Vanessa." Rob cheered.

Wait, what? Recap, I've been with all of them for more than a week. I found a father and mother figure who treated me like one of their own. Met four drool-worthy, sexy, godly beings that are brothers. Lusted over them. Seen naked in the tub(and not in the tub) by two of them. Probably caught kissing one by, I'm guessing the other three of them. Kissed two of them. Kissed by three of them. And God oh God, sexually involved with two of them. And it's just now that I find out how they stand on relationships?

Goddamnit Rachelle! One is a playboy, the other hung up on some ex, one is most probably a virgin, and why oh why the other is in a relationship.

I'm so dumb! So dumb! So dumb!

I kept cursing and punching myself in my head. How have I been so naive? I was so caught up in forgetting my past I did not invest in learning the present. I just dove to each situation giving me a chance to forget which is so dumb of me.

"Stop it, boys!" Lily interrupted. "We haven't gone a mile away and you all start bickering again. You'll give Rachelle a headache when we're gone." Oh, sure they will. They already are. My brain wants to pop out of my skull right now.

I felt Kayne shift uneasily side glancing my way. Rob still has his mocking face on. Gage being distant as always. And Tag rubs his face in discomfort.

The boys apologized to Lily like little kids to their mom. "Boys, we need to board now." Eric announced. "Drive home safe okay?"

We all turn in to hug both of them again. "We'll send you postcards." Lily said as a tear fell on her cheek.

"We'll surely miss you." I said. "If you're tired of it all, you know you can come back to the cabin right? It is still your home."

They hugged me one last time. "That's so sweet of you honey. Thank you so much. With such little time we all spent together, you surely are like a daughter we never had. We love you"

-------

The ride back home was quiet. Too quiet. Gage droved my car since I can't because of my shoulder, Rob is in the passenger seat and I'm at the back. Tag and Kayne are in their truck, following behind us. It's good the two of them are in a different vehicle. Things have been kind of awkward, ever since, you know.

We're just a few miles away from the airport. I rested my head on the window and looked out onto the horizon. It's late in the afternoon and the sky started to show off streaks of orange. The sun is diving a little low through the hills. I noticed a plane flying into the sunset and it's like immediately I knew, that that's Eric and Lily's plane.

I admire both of them. Despite all the hardships they had in life, they still end up so blessed and happy. And at this time, I realized I envy them so much. Their life was so empty but turned out to be so full.

I know I'll find my happiness soon. Even though I'm somewhat failing at this point, given all the rash decisions and bad situations I've put myself through. Hopefully, mom, dad, and Paul could help me through all these. I let out a deep sigh and felt someone's gaze on me.

I looked up and true as it is, Gage is looking at me through the rearview mirror. His eyes do not give much, but I see, not pity, but care. He still continues to be distant. That time in their room when he patched me up, for a moment I thought he's gone soft but then he just switched it off on me again later that afternoon. Damn him, and his mood swings.

He looked at the road and back at me. I straightened myself and hissed as I put much weight on my shoulder.

"Hey, you all right there babe?" Rob asked with his adorable smirk. He's so cute I can't believe he's a virgin. Is he?

"Yeah, just tired." I shrugged.

He nods and eased back in his seat.

"Easy on that shoulder." This time it's Gage. "Take some rest, we'll be home soon." There he goes again getting kinda soft.

I smiled at him through the mirror and tried to sleep.

---------

We arrived at the cabin a little way past midnight. We all had dinner on our way home and so all I want to do is just sleep.

I looked at the cabin's facade. It was so dark the only light shining, is from the moon and from the truck's headlights. Good thing we were not expecting guests and so we all were able to send Lily and Eric off. But coming back without them is just heavy on my chest and it just makes the place darker.

We entered the cabin, not a word spoken. I head straight to my room. I plopped down on my bed just staring at the ceiling. No more Lily and Eric. It's like I lost them too. But who am I to hold them back. I just wish they have the time of their lives.

A few minutes have passed and I realized I still need to move in in the main room upstairs. I prepped for bed wearing just my tank top and pajama shorts. I have decided to head upstairs for the night, I'll just transfer all my stuff in the morning. It's not that I'm rushing, but maybe if I stay upstairs, I'd feel closer to Eric and Lily, like I did in mom and dad's room months ago when they had gone.

I climbed the stairs too tired and opened the door to the main room. With droopy eyes, I head straight inside and trudged towards the bedroom ready to settle in for the night.

"Ehem." My eyes shot open and I swiftly turned to where the sound came from in full defense mode. And there they were. All four brothers. Just sitting in the living room. All eyes on me.

A/N: Sorry guys, just a boring filler.

But hey, in the next chapters Rachelle would be alone with the four.

So many things can happen. What do you suggest? 😁

Thanks again for reading.

Hit that little star to light up the cabin. 😊

Love you guys... 😘😘😘