Chapter 39 - Bound

A deafening blast exploded into the night, disrupting the subtle peace in the woods. I ran immediately outside looking for Gage, we were just in the kitchen a little while ago and he suddenly left with Rob. As I reach the patio, large arms grabbed me from behind carrying me out towards the driveway.

I writhed trying to escape from his firm hold on me. I tried to wiggle out but he is far too stronger than I am.

He stopped right around the area overlooking down the town and settled me on my feet. Another blast came through and bright colorful sparks painted the night sky, with soft whips of glowing yellow, red, and green lights.

I felt his warm lips against the crook of my neck and I leaned away giving him more space. "Happy New Year baby!" He uttered in between kisses.

I turned around still encased in his arms, "Happy New Year!", he held my face in his hands as he kissed me endearingly. 

A few feet away from us is a blanket perfectly splayed on the ground. We sat there as the others joined us, each settling on the blanket. Continuous blasts erupted and we looked over to where fiery sparks of light danced in the night and for a few minutes we relish in the beautiful scene before us. 

The sky show continued on for about half an hour, and we decided to go out back where the bonfire was. Rob and Martin already prepared the table where all the food and drinks are. We all sat around the fire and celebrated the new year, each in a festive feeling despite the issues that had come to be known to us, especially Gage and I. 

We promised each other that we would leave the investigation in the hands of the detectives. We wouldn't interfere and we, as a couple, would endure what life brings us in the present and for the future. 

It would be another hard step for both of us, but with each other and the guys, we could withstand everything. 

A few hours and a few bottles later, we all decided to call it a night. We all head to our own rooms bidding goodnights and happy new years to everyone. 

On our way up the stairs, I feel naughty fingers caressing the back of my hand, drawing circles, pressing and slightly pinching the soft skin. For the few months Gage and I've been together, I have caught on his cryptic body language. We were vocal of our needs and wants when it comes to the bedroom, most of the time that is. But at times when we were in a bad mood or stressed out, he has found a little scheme to discreetly ask approval.

We have respected each other's space since we found out about the linked incidents. And I guess it's about time to loosen up a bit. We have so much to celebrate now, the new year, friendships, life, and love. 

A smile crossed my lips, feeling his touch go hotter as we reach our room. I gripped his hand in response and in turn, a grin spread across his face, bowing his head and peeking through his hooded eyes, knowing he understood all too well what it means.

🎵Song for this phase
We Can Make Love by SoMo🎵

Before I even close the door to our room, he had managed to press me up against it. His heaving chest flushed on my back, and his head dug deep in the crook of my neck. The blows of his breath warmed the cool exposed skin of my nape, drawing a small cry of satisfaction from me.

His hands slowly traveled up my front jacket unzipping it as his hand goes down. The soft vibration of the zipper coming undone sends heat down to my aching core. "God, you're so sexy even with all this clothing."