Chapter 8 - In the Woods

Sweat tickling my skin as beads fall down my body. The fast beating of my heart and the agonizing heat rushing to my cheeks shoots pain against my chest. My ragged breathing causing a nauseous feeling in the pit of my stomach. Continuous slaps of realization through my brain bury my thoughts, as I continue running down my usual path in the woods.

It's been days since Tag unleashed my pent up cravings. Four days went by. Everything went normal, uncomfortably normal for me.

Eric, Lily and I went over scheduling workload for the guys. Eric gave me a list of the strengths and weaknesses of each. Kayne is good at handling the reception, Gage in the kitchen, Rob in accounting and purchasing and Tag in housekeeping. I might not do anything here except supervise.

Those four days were smooth, in the business aspect, guests have come and gone and we had little to no problem at all. My relationship with the guys grew better each day. Getting to know them more over food, and boy we always have time for food. Speaking of which, Lily has taught me most of her special recipes by now.

Everything went well except for the elephant in the room, or better yet in the forest that is me. I, who constantly over think of what happened in my room four sleepless nights ago. I did not have much rest. I stayed up most of the time thinking about it, how he unraveled me, how I let him, how I enjoyed every minute of it, and how I crave for more.

With so many things going around in my head, I just thank God for this woods, where I can just lose myself in. "What the-" My thoughts came to a halt, as I crashed on to something, making me hit the ground hard, followed by a heavy, warm, hard body falling on top of me. My head landed on an old tree root popping off the ground and everything went a little dark this time.

"I'm so sorry" he grunts. I think I recognize his voice. Oh, it's a he. He tries to push his weight off of me but stops midway. "Shit Rach I'm sorry." Oh, he knows me.

I try to regain my sight by blinking harshly. At first, all I see is the silhouette of a man. I turn to my side to block the little sunlight behind the man and I catch a glimpse of a very delicate imprint of a tribal flower on his hand.

"Gage?" I asked. But I already know it's him.

"Yeah." he said. "I was on my morning run and I'm on my way back to the cabin. I must've not seen you through the curb." He explained as he fully stood beside me. He sounds sincere, unlike his oddly distinct flat tone.

"It's okay. I'm sorry too, my mind is just all over the place." He extends his hand and grabs on to my arm to help me up. "Ouch!" I shrieked as bolting pain rushes to my shoulder. And a warm sensation flows towards my backside.

Gage full of shock, eased me back down as he examines the source of pain. "Fuck me." He spats trying to move some of my hair away from the wound. In a different scenario maybe I would, but yeah, the pain is sinking in just now and I realize he meant nothing sexual.

In one swift motion, he removes his tank top. Oh shit, maybe he did mean it sexually. I'm on full alert now, but there's still pounding in my head and maybe I can't think clearly.

He tears it apart and then wraps my shoulder with it carefully covering my injury. So no, not sexual at all. But who says I can't enjoy the sight.

His body all covered in sweat from his run, his calculated movements as he wraps me up makes his muscles shift in all directions and it's so hypnotizing. As if a sexy angel had descended on me and is currently healing my wound. Damn, I really banged my head hard. I'm wounded and all I manage are lustful thoughts.

"Rach we need to get back in the cabin." He said endearingly.  Wow, I need to get hurt more so this young man softens up to me.

He scoots over me, one hand guiding mine around the back of his head, the other tucked under my legs. He gently lifts me up bridal style. "Gage I can walk."

"Nah ah, princess!" He said as he positions me perfectly on his arms. "You'll bleed your wound out with each step. As you exert effort, you'll just pump more blood out. Just try to relax." we continued down the path back to the cabin. I know he's exaggerating but as I feel the throbbing pain again, and the oozing fluid down my arm I can't protest anymore.

I had no choice but to obey him and rested my head on his chest. I got to smell how sweet he is. The mixture of vanilla and chocolate fills my lungs. A very unusual scent of a man. He's like a dessert sprawled out ready to be devoured. I nuzzled my face more into his chest getting more of his scent. If I can stick my tongue out, I would. I bet he'll taste just sweet.

I felt being gently settled on a bed. I hiss from the loss of contact from the walking chocolate truffle. I looked around and I'm not familiar where I am. "Where are we?"

"Shhhh, just stay put. I'll be back." And he's out the door. I sat up to see properly and an excruciating pain shoots up my arm to my shoulder. I've never been here before. I look around and notice two beds on each side of the room. The floors and walls are of the same wood as the cabin. A small light coming from a night lamp shines over a set of framed photographs on the shelf together with sets of novels. I figured this is the guys' room at the back of the cabin.

I tried to stand to check out the shelf when the door open. Gage comes in, still shirtless, with what seems to be a first aid kit in hand a glass of water and some other stuff. "Damn it, Rach! I told you to stay put." I can't help but drool over this man's sculpted body and how authoritative he sounds.

"How does it look?" I asked as he set himself beside me and urged me to turn my back to him. He lifted his other foot on the bed and settled me just between his legs. I felt his warm hands remove his torn top around my wound and heat rushes over my body again from this proximity.

"Good news is the bleeding already stopped. You might've hit some branch on the ground when you fell. Bad news is I don't know how deep it went. I need to clean you up." He declared while dipping a towel in water.

He grabbed my waist from the back and motioned his gaze towards the side of my face. "May I?" He asked as he grabbed the hem of my racerback. I gasped at his actions but I nod giving him permission.

He gently lifted my top being careful not to add more pain, leaving me in my bra and track pants. I felt his fingers lift the right strap of my bra and slowly unhook it to gain access to the wound. I've been holding my breath far too long I don't know how I'm still alive.

He felt my stiffness and gently rubbed the sides of my arms. "Relax." His voice now so warm yet so cool, and his touch so strong yet so gentle it relaxed me easily.

He looked around and handed me a glass of water and two pills. "Here, take this. It's for the pain."

"Thanks, Gage. And I'm sorry." I said as he starts cleaning my wound. The pill may have worked its magic instantly since I can't feel much of the pain anymore. Maybe it's just adrenaline working me up from the wound or maybe from being around this Godly being.

"It's not your fault. You wouldn't be here, all bruised up if I did not bump into you." He countered.

"Do you usually take that path?" I asked changing the topic to end the back and forth apologies.

"Yeah. The other paths are just too complicated. Don't try them out without company." He replied and I can detect a smile on his face. Is he suggesting we both take it?  I think he's getting comfortable with me now unlike the previous days when he would be so distant. I smiled to myself.

His hand worked his way with tending to my injury. I can now sense him patching me up and as soon as he's done, he wraps his large hands around my arms and I felt a dab of hot soft lips near the bandaged wound. I looked over my shoulder and reality may have struck him as I see him quite shocked by his actions.

Just then the door swung open and Rob came through. "Woah!"

A/N: Rob, Rob, Rob why are you always everywhere you shouldn't be?

Hahaha

More of Rachelle and the guys to come.

Thanks again for all your reads and for hitting that little star 👇👇👇...

Love you all... 😘😘😘