Chapter 4- Start

"And that's it dear!" Lily handed me the last of all the signed documents of the cabin.

After having lunch, Lily, Eric and I head to town to finalize all paperwork for the cabin. The ownership of the cabin is now under my name.

We left the town hall and now walking towards my car. We need to get back to the cabin because they're planning to pack and head out the next day. I have been alone for the past six months and being around them ignites the longing in my heart I just want them to stay a little longer.

"I know everything is settled, but I don't want to rush you both with leaving. You can still stay in the cabin. I might need you to teach me managing it and get to know the process. Plus, we still need to get on with that recipe of yours Lily." I said trying to convince them.

They both looked at each other debating with their eyes. Eric turns to me scratching his head, "Eh... actually we still haven't decided where to start with our traveling."

"That's just great." I squealed. "I can help plan your itinerary. But before that, you can stay as long as you need. I still need to get used to running the cabin anyway." The excitement is brewing in my heart spending more days with them. I miss everyone in my life, but Lily and Eric have filled that dark void in my heart. I just felt loved around them.

"Well then let's get home and start." Lily said clapping her hands.

On our way home, the three of us chatted about how things work in the cabin. In their time, Eric usually handles the front of the house duties(meaning reservation and reception) and Lily handles the back(more about finances) since the cabin is just a small scale and is so easy to handle Lily also gets herself busy in the cafe.

"Wow, you get all work done by yourselves?" I asked amused by their teamwork.

"No, honey! That's where the boys come in the picture" Eric proudly exclaimed. "You see we haven't really informed you of our relationship with them."

"The kids lost their parents in a hunting accident a few years back." Lily said looking out the window. "They do not have any relatives here anymore. Tag just graduated from high school at that time, he came to us and constantly helped us. We took him in, gave him some chores and paid him for it. Soon after his brothers came with him and started doing everything for us."

"Back then I created a schedule for all their workload." Eric continued. "They were very efficient, they would come here for work and even if we give them days off, they'd be back to do stuff and would not ask to be paid." Eric chuckles.

"We may not have our own kid but the four of them just became our beacon of hope." Lily tearfully said. "We really did not plan on selling the place at first. We wanted to give it to the boys, but they would just not accept it. They insisted we sell it so we can use the money to travel. They promised that when we get tired of moving from place to place we could come and settle with them in town and that they would still help out the next owner of the cabin"

"Oh you mean they'll work for me?" I questioned, as we pull up the cabin's driveway.

"Well, you'll soon get your hands full and would really need extra hands. And there are heavy tasks, I'm sure would wear you out. Leave those to the boys." Eric said while getting off the car and immediately helps Lily out too.

I gripped the steering wheel as I watch Eric and Lily enter the cabin. The introduction in the lobby and lunch with the boys already took too much air to breathe for me. Being around them activates lust-filled thoughts and to think that I would be around them more often, every day actually, makes it harder to breathe.