Chapter 39

Krithi:

"Goutham invited me for dinner tonight.."Nisha said playing with the strands of her hair.

"Oh.....do you want to go?"I asked and she nodded her head biting her lower lip.

"Actually she doesn't want to go at first.."Anu piped in, "But then she changed her decision when he said that the dinner is with his parents."

We,three girls sat on their bed as Nisha telling about the call from Goutham.

I turned to Nisha, "That's great..."I said to which she gave me a small nervous smile.

"Yeah!"Anu exclaimed happily.I am excited just like Anu,but I can't show it out.Besides,Nisha is also looking dull.

"Anu we are excited with this dinner,but she isn't.."

"No,I am happy,just nervous..."She mumbled,shyly.

I stood up, "You can be nervous when you meet his parents..not now.First we have to select a dress for you..get up."I walked to her closet and opened it.We three,started searching for a perfect dress.

"Did he said anything about the dress?"Anu asked furrowing her eye brows.

"He said that I look good in any dress.."Nisha said and I pick up a bottle green full length frock with cape neck.

"I think this will be good.."I showed placing across my torso and she smiled satisfied.

"Nice dress.."Anu agreed with me and we shifted our focus to the jewelry.

"I need something simple..."Nisha started checking the different boxes of jewelry.

"We can select something matched with that dress.."Anu said.

"So...you are not coming for the engagement party tonight.."I said which grabbed their attention.

"Yeah!!"Nisha answered dryly, "Actually I wanted too,I even asked Goutham that why he wasn't attending the party....he dismissed the topic uninterested."

"He is talking with Yashwanth,right?"I suddenly got doubt.

"I don't think so Krithi,"She answered determined, "The way he was talking,he was so disappointed by Yashwanth."

"But he can't stop their friendship..Its feels like I am responsible for their..."

"I felt that too.Don't worry.I planned to talk with him about this.I know how you are feeling.."Nisha placed her hand on my palm which is lying on my lap.

"Okay,talk to him...What about you Anu?"

"I wanted to come,we both planned to,but boys aren't agreeing.You know Yashwanth invited us,but they aren't interested at all."Anu said.

"Oh!!"I surprised that Yash invited them.He is fine with the marriages,but when it comes to me he acts like he was so upset and he doesn't like it.Idiot!!

"Why you are asking us...when you don't want to go in the first place.."Nisha asked checking some ear rings.

"I don't have any other option..."I whispered,"You know,Last night I wanted to tell my parents that I don't want this marriage..but they are so happy about that,which I can't wipe off."

"Everything will be fine..don't worry."Anu assured me and I know this is never going to be fine.

--------

"Why you are so lazy Krithika.??"My sister shouted in irritation while I leisurely applied mascara to my eyes.

"Damn!!Complete it fast!!!Yashwanth called me three times already!"Shouts continued.