Captain America's Bodyguard (Steve & Female Reader)

Another fabulous request by: IrisPerea !!

"Goodbye, Sue. I'll see you tomorrow." You say, grabbing your purse and adjusting your hat on your head.

"See you later, doll." She smiles, waving to you as you exit the hospital. Growing up with a mother as a nurse, it all comes naturally to you. Not only that, but your brother seems to catch everything under the sun so you've dealt with many sicknesses in your life.

Although the job doesn't pay much, at least it keeps you from spending every minute fretting about the ongoing war in Europe and how many men they keep sending overseas to help.

And it keeps yourself from worrying about your brother Steve who can't seem to keep the idea of war out of his blond head. The kid has been constantly getting himself in trouble since he could toddle. He won't stop trying to enlist. Even though he's been plagued with asthma and flat feet and many other things, he keeps trying to talk them into letting him go.

Sometimes it's like he forgets he's only 5'4" and weighs under 100 pounds. Heck, even you beat him in both categories.

Though your mother, god rest her soul, tolerated his constant neighborhood brawls, it's something you don't particularly enjoy. You hate seeing him come home with a busted lip and black eyes. You would think that after all of the fights he's been in he would learn how to duck.

You hold your purse close to you as you march down the sidewalk in the early morning light. You hate working the night shift, but it pays better than dayshift. A few men whistle at you, thinking that somehow that would catch your attention.

Please, you think, all of the decent men are off fighting in the war. Whistling isn't going to make me swoon and fall for you.

You slid your keys into the apartment, unlocking the door and poking your head in. "Steve?" You call, expecting him to reply. When none comes, you let out a sigh and enter.

"I swear, Steven, if Ma was still around she wouldn't let you sleep in like this." You say, entering the one bedroom. Upon entering, you see the bed is empty. Where is he?

You walk around the apartment, searching for him. His art supplies are laying out on the table beside the window, signaling that he must have been doodling either after you left last night or earlier this morning.

You settle on the fact that he's old enough to do as he pleases and make yourself a cup of well deserved coffee. You long to have a pastry to go with it, but you had the last one a few days ago.

After finishing the rest of your coffee, you force yourself to leave the apartment and go get some groceries. You hate doing it, but you know Steve won't.

As you lock the door to the apartment, you hear a few trash cans being tossed around in an alley nearby.

Men, you think, do they have anything better to do than rough each other up?

You roll your eyes and head down the stairs. As you walk to the local market, you hear the noises getting louder and louder. You slow down, not wanting to get involved in the fight.

But then you hear it.

"I can do this all day."

You pinch your eyes, hearing the impact of another punch. You stand in the alley, your hands on your hips, your shadow casting onto the two men.

"Steven Grant Rogers!" You shout, getting both of their attentions. "If you don't mind, I would enjoy some company on my errand run."

"Hey, lady." The man says, holding Steve up by his collar. "If you can't tell, we're in the middle of a fight here."