One Milkshake (Bucky X Reader)

"Oh, please. It'll be so much fun though." You say, grabbing his hand and dragging him down the crowded street.

"I shouldn't leave Steve alone. He's known for getting himself into trouble." Bucky says, gently pulling you back.

You pout, swinging his arm. You look up from under your eyelashes, slightly batting them. "Just one shake?" You ask.

He lets out a sigh, relaxing his shoulders. He smiles, his blue eyes meeting yours. "Fine. One shake. Then we gotta find him and drag him back home before he gets himself a black eye."

You let a small cheer, tugging Bucky to the diner just a few blocks away. He chases after you, keeping one hand on his hat and the other tightly holding yours. You burst through the door, no one inside paying the two of you any attention.

You pull Bucky into the booth with you, grinning as you toss your (H/C) hair over your shoulder. "I'll go get us a shake. What's your flavor?" He asks.

"Chocolate." You smile. He rises from his seat and marches over to the counter. As you wait for Bucky to return, you pull out your mirror and fix your hair. You didn't want to look like a fool.

You stuff it back into your purse just as he arrives at the table. "Ooo. One shake?" You tease as he slips two straws into the glass.

"Hope you don't mind sharing." He replies as he offers you the first sip.

"Not if it's with you." You say before taking a drink. He smiles, taking a drink after you slide it over to him.

He lets out a soft sigh, draping his arm over your shoulder. He pulls you close to him, making your cheeks heat up. You and Bucky had only gone a couple dates, but you were already head over heels for him. Every time he would hold your hand or compliment you, you just jumped over the moon.

"I'm sorry Debbie was so rude to Steve tonight." You say, resting your head on Bucky's shoulder. You and Bucky had planned a double date so you could finally meet the famous Steve. Unfortunately, Debbie didn't think Steve was her type and excused herself from the date early. Steve, either feeling down or like a tag along, left early as well, despite Bucky's many protests. "I hope he's feeling alright."

"He's okay. Most girls don't give him much of a chance." Bucky says, swirling your drink. He looks down at you with a soft smile. "It's not like you knew Debbie would act like that."

"I know, I just feel partly responsible." You sigh as Bucky kisses the top of your head.

"Well, don't. Steve doesn't blame any of it on you."

"And you know this how?" You ask, looking into his soft blue eyes.

"'Cause he's Steve. He's a gentleman like that." Bucky chuckles, sliding you the drink back. You take a long sip as Bucky changes the subject. "I have to admit, you really are a great dancer."

"I hope so. My mother placed me in classes for three years." You laugh as you mess with your hair.

"Three years? Must have been torture." He says. "Are you a prima ballerina?" He teases.

"No way." You smile, shaking your head. "I was okay at it. Definitely not prima material." You say as he finishes the drink.

"Well, it's their loss. I'm sure you'd be the prettiest ballerina up on that stage." He says, making you blush and shake your head.

"Definitely not." You chuckle, looking down at the table.

"Oh, yeah." He continues. "I can just see you up there with your big, poofy pink tutu and sparkly tiara." He grins. He pretends to place a crown on his head then rounds his arms above his head and pretends to spin.