Strawberry Blond (Steve X Nat)

So I've recently fallen in love with the idea of Steve and Nat being together so I made this like short story with this cute song I found. Hope you guys enjoy!

Song: Strawberry Blond by Mitski

"How did you know this was the perfect spot for a nap?" Natasha asks, folding her arms under her head and closing her eyes. She let out a small sigh, a smile resting on her face.

"Well, I don't always come out here for a run." Steve replies, watching her out of the corner of his eyes. The two of them have been through a lot together. Taking down Shield, fighting Ulton, Civil War, and just recently losing to Thanos. Her hair was starting to grow back to its original shade, her ends still platinum blonde.

"You're bad, Rogers." She teases, opening one of her green eyes, making his stomach drop.

He just chuckles unsure what to say. She closes her eyes again, soaking up the sun. He shifts in the grass, trying to calm himself down. Until recently, Steve and Natasha have never seen each other as anything more than friends. Now, she's all that Steve can think about.

He almost feels guilty to admit it.

Besides the fact that they are coworkers and good friends, there's also the lingering thought of Peggy. Yes, she passed a few years ago, but it still eats at him. She was his first love and he feels as if he's betraying her by loving someone else. After all, wasn't she is best girl?

"Rogers, wake up." Natasha says, startling him from his latest thoughts. "You're gonna get burnt if you lay here any longer."

Covering his feelings, he pops a smirk onto his face. "I'm a super soldier, Romanoff. The sun has nothing on me."

"Just because you're a super soldier doesn't mean your white skin is invincible to the harmful rays of the sun." She says, poking his chest. He's left breathless as she rises from her spot. He looks at where she used to be, her shape left in the green grass. How he aches for her to return and for this moment to never end.

"Steve." She calls, catching his attention. His heart pounds out of his chest, looking at her. She stands beside his truck, holding her shoes in her hands, her bare feet poking out in the grass. "Are you coming?" She asks.

"Yeah." He replies, quickly rising to his feet. He lets out a soft yawn as he stretches. She rolls her eyes with a smirk, watching him. He jogs over to the truck, unlocking it for her to enter.

"Finally. I thought I would have to call Bruce to come and get you off your lazy ass." She says as she throws her shoes onto the floorboards. She places her feet on the dashboard, watching him buckle up and start the truck.

Steve lets a small huff. "Bruce is probably taking his Sunday afternoon nap. He'd send you to voicemail." He smiles, making her softly chuckle.

He starts driving down the road, not a single car in sight. He rolls down their windows, letting the soft summer breeze float between them. "I thought you were borrowing this truck." Natasha pipes up. "Couldn't part with it?" She teases with a smirk.

"Maria told me that the owner said I could keep. He thought it was cool that Captain America chose his truck out of all of them in the lot." Steve explains, resting one of his arms on the window.