"But you promised . . ." (Tony X Reader)

This is another request by the wonderful starkyremarks !! Enjoy!!

"I just think it might be a good idea to head back to New York, that's all I'm saying." You say. You weren't saying what he had planned was a bad idea, but something felt wrong in your gut. It just felt off, like something was bound to go wrong.

"It's one extra day in L.A. What's the difference?" Tony asks, shrugging his shoulder.

"I mean, there isn't much difference." You agree. "I just think we should stay with our original plan."

"(Y/N), you're worrying too much. Let's go get something nice to eat and spend an extra night. We can leave early tomorrow morning." He says, gently placing his hands on your shoulders, lightly massaging them.

"A good meal does sound nice." You sigh, closing your eyes.

"And I know the perfect spot. You'll feel totally relaxed after we're done." He says, letting go and helping you stand up from your chair.

"Alright, you talked me into it. Just give me an hour to get ready." You say, walking back to the bathroom. You fix up your makeup, style your (H/C) locks into a loose bun, and add your favorite pair of earrings.

When you exit the bathroom, Tony is already dressed in his handsome suit. His dark hair is slicked back and a gorgeous tie is wrapped around his neck. You feel his brown eyes study you then lock with your (E/C) eyes. "You look stunning." He says.

"Thank you." You say, feeling your cheeks heat up. Even though you had been dating for a few years, his compliments still made a shiver run up your spine. You could feel the butterflies in your stomach as he took your hand.

"Shall we?"

xxx

"So, you're saying that the prime minister is actually obsessed with poodles?" You laugh, shaking your head.

"Oh, I'm dead serious. The man has an unhealthy obsession with those damn dogs. I entered his house and the place is littered with them. If you ever want to make a good impression on him, just give him anything with a fluffy poodle on it." Tony explains, making it nearly impossible to catch your breath.

"I'll try to remember that. I mean, I will totally be seeing him sometime soon." You jokingly scoff. You had been on the sidelines basically your whole life. You really weren't one for the spotlight. You enjoyed just being there and not having to have everyone's eyes on you. The idea of you getting to meet the prime minister, let alone being invited to his house was a joke.

"It might be closer than you think," Tony says. You furrow your eyebrows and tilt your head to the side. You grow more confused as he drops to the ground.

"Look, I know you don't like having the spotlight on you, but this just seems like the perfect moment," he begins. "(Y/N), I have loved you since the second my eyes landed on you. I can't get you out of my head. Your smile, your eyes, your laugh. I crave for your soothing touch when I'm feeling down and your optimism when I think things seem hopeless. Would you do me the honor of marrying me and dealing with my spontaneous personality till the end of time?" He asks.

Tears well in your (E/C) eyes as you cover your mouth with your hands. Unable to speak, you nod your enthusiastically. You hold out your left hand, which was shaking noticeably. He rose to his feet and placed his lips on yours.

xxx

The jet ride back is peaceful. You cuddle against him, leaning your head on his shoulder. You close your eyes, placing your hand on his chest. Tony places a small kiss on your forehead then goes back to working, though you don't mind.

Marvel One Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें