Nutty Newlyweds (Clint X Reader)

"Are you ready yet?" Clint asks, leaning against the side of the truck. You let out a groan, shoving the last box into the cab.

"I think we got everything." You say, slamming the door shut and hopping into the passenger seat.

"Finally. I thought we wanted to leave by noon. It's 3 already." He says, getting in the driver's side. He starts the truck, then slowly pulls forward, pulling the smaller speedboat behind him. He had bought it for the two of you as a wedding gift from him.

You have never been one for nature. Well, surviving in nature. Camping, fishing, and hunting have never been anything of interest to you. They've always been pushed aside by you for someone else. Unfortunately, that someone else was Clint and when he first heard you had never done any of the three above, he vowed to you that you would get the whole experience.

So instead of going somewhere like Mexico or Europe for a fancy honeymoon, you're traveling a few hours to the closest lake to go camping. It's original, you have to give him that.

"So, I'm not going to regret letting you plan this, right?" You tease. You kick off your shoes and curl up on your seat.

"Of course not. I've got this all under control." He smiles. He grabs your hand and gives it a kiss. "We're gonna have a blast, babe."

xxx

"Clint, I don't think you know what you're doing." You say, watching him struggle to set up the tent. It had almost been a half hour of trying and he still refused to look at the instructions.

"Not helping, (Y/N)." He calls out from under the tent.

"Why don't we just look at the instructions?" You ask, plopping in the dry grass beside him.

He pokes his head out from the red tent. "Don't you trust me?"

"It's not that I don't trust you, it's that my patience is running out." You say. You grab the instructions and begin reading them. You chose not to say anything out loud, but he has gotten it completely wrong.

He lets out a sighs, catching your attention. "Alright, where did I mess up?" He asks, holding the poles in his hands.

"Step one." You smile, looking down at the instructions. He crawls over, looking at the small booklet in your hands.

"Geez. Why didn't you tell me?" He teases with a grin. "You just let me screw this whole thing up without a word. Can't believe you." He tsks, shaking his head as he starts over.

"Sorry. I thought you had this under control. You're the one who's the camping expert." You play along, laying down and stretching in the grass. You close your eyes, bathing in the sun.

"Great. Now my cover's been blown. You know my deepest secret." He says, laying down beside you. He pulls you close, his face in your hair. He takes a deep breath with a smile.

"What is this deep secret I've uncovered?" You ask, looking into his blue eyes.

"That I'm only an expert in archery." He chuckles.

"Is that so, Hawkeye?" You laugh as he places his lips to yours. You cup his face as he runs his hands through your hair. You deepen the kiss, rolling over to straddle him.