Hap Bap? (Tony X Reader)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MA BEST FRIEND starkyremarks !!!
THIS ONE SHOT IS FOR YOU BABEEE!!

"So, it's a beautiful day out." You say, tapping your fingers on the counter. "Would be a shame if we were to, ya know, waste it."

"(Y/N), I think it would be best if we stay indoors." Vision says, coming towards you. "Perhaps we could play a game of cards or finish one of those 1000 piece puzzles?" He offers.

You pout and slightly glare at him. "Why?"

"You were outdoors all day yesterday. I think it might be best to just relax indoors. We could watch one of your favorite movies." He says, dodging your question. You know he's up to something. Or rather, some people are up to something.

"Vision, do you know what day it is?" You ask, tilting your head at him.

"Of course, it's (Y/DOB)." He says, reading it off like a calendar.

"And do you know what's so special about (Y/DOB)?" You ask, curious if he even knows that it's your birthday. It's likely that he has no clue, considering that you had only joined the team a couple of months ago.

"Is there some holiday I'm missing?" He asks.

"Well, it should be a national holiday." You say, rising from your chair and walking towards the door. "Unfortunately, the government hasn't gotten back to me yet about my birthday being only the greatest thing to happen to the US."

"Many would argue that." Vision says. You stop and glare over your shoulder at him. "But, yes, your birthday is a very special day. I'm sorry that I seemed to have forgotten."

"Yeah, it seems like everyone did." You say, beginning to rant, coming back to him. "I haven't seen anyone since this morning, when they all seemed to be in too much of a rush to even say, 'Happy Birthday,' to me."

"I'm sure they haven't forgotten. Fury called in an emergency." Vision reasons. "If Tony's calculations are correct, he estimated he would be back by 3."

"Am or pm?" You scoff, crossing your arms over your shoulder.

Vision pauses, glancing down at the ground. "He didn't specify."

You groan, marching back to the door. "See? Clearly, they don't care."

"(Y/N)," he calls as you grab the door handle. "Maybe I can make it up to you. Shall we take a walk to that smoothie shop a few blocks away? You mentioned wanting to go outside and Clint has been very optimistic about the smoothies there."

"How optimistic?"

"He's been there five times since Sunday."

"Holy shit. It's only Tuesday."

xxx

"This walk better be worth it." You say, adjusting your sunglasses. "Otherwise I got a blister on the back of my ankle for no reason."

"I don't eat, but I'm sure it's delicious. It's has a 4.3 star rating online." Vision says, making you chuckle. He could kind of be a pain in ass, but he always had some answer to make you laugh.