Blind Date (Scott X Reader)

You huff, glaring at your best friend through the mirror. "You suck." You say, going back to swiping on your mascara. You couldn't believe she did this without your permission. It was a total backstab.

"I did this for your own good." (Y/BFF/N) says, crossing her arms and walking over to you. She leans against the counter, tilting her head to look at you. "You know that, right?"

"Yeah, telling someone that I'd go on a blind date with them even though I never agreed. That's totally for my own good." You scoff, rolling your eyes. Besides that, she didn't even give a full day warning. She had literally just told you less than an hour ago.

"You need to move on from (Y/EX/N). He dumped you almost a year ago. It's time to get you back into the playing field." She says as you put your mascara away and work on your hair.

"I don't even know anything about this guy. For all I know, he could be a criminal." You say. Sure, being a criminal was bad, but you were really upset that she was forcing you back into dating. She didn't know how much you loved (Y/EX/N). You had been dating for over five years and he just left you suddenly.

"You need a push. I figured the only way was to set you up without you knowing who or when." She softly says as you snap on a gold bracelet.

You let out a long sigh. As much as you didn't want to admit it, she was right. You wouldn't have agreed to a date if you had the choice. It was time to get back out there or at least try it. "Do you know him?" You ask, looking at her.

"Actually, no. He was recommended to me by one of my coworkers." She says with a gentle smile.

"And you turned him down because. . .?" You trail. If (Y/BFF/N) turned down a guy, it had to be for a good reason.

"I don't know. He just looked like the type of guy you would be into." She lightly laughs, shrugging her shoulder. "That and I kinda have a thing for the guy in the cubicle just two over from me."

You roll your eyes, laughing. "Of course you do."

"What? He's got nice hair."

xxx

You patiently sit in the park, constantly checking your watch. You were told to meet him by the fountain at 5, but no one around you seemed to be your date. Everyone was with someone besides you.

Just when you were beginning to think you were being stood up, a man came rushing to you. "(Y/N)?" He asks.

"Yes. You must be Scott." You smile, taking his hand for a quick shake.

"Sorry I was late. I wasn't actually late. I just thought you couldn't be my date. You're a lot prettier than Luis described you." He smiles, still shaking your hand. "Sorry, this is a long handshake. I'm just really nervous." He says, still going.

"Don't worry, I am too." You say, removing your hand.

He lets out a long sigh, glancing around the park. "Well. Should we go for a walk?" He asks, looking back at you as he pats his legs. You couldn't help but to be drawn to those bright blue eyes.

"Actually, I'd love to." You smile, letting him led the way.

Slowly, you both walk down the path. There were fewer people in the park than normal. It was a gorgeous night. It was a perfect temperature and there was low wind. You couldn't ask for a better night for a walk.

"So, I don't know much about you. Actually, I don't know anything about you." You begin, glancing at him.

"Well, I have a daughter named Cassie. She's a total sweetheart." He says, talking with his hands. "I have this amazing job working for Hank Pym. It's kinda hard to explain, so I won't go into details. What about you?"

"Well, I have a dog." You laugh, making him smile. "I work for a photographer on 7th Street. It's a nice paying job and I get to do what I love, which is nice."

"Any hobbies?" He asks.

You shake your head.

"Oh, well, I really got into magic tricks. It entertains my daughter, so I've learned a bunch of really pointless but also kind of amazing tricks." He says with a small laugh.

"Let me see one." You say, stopping in the middle of the path.

"I don't know." He says, shaking his head with a smile.

"Come on, I wanna see." You grin.

He lets out a sigh and shakes out his shoulders. "Prepare to be amazed." He says, wiggling his fingers in front of his face. He pulls down on his face, pulling cards out of his mouth.

You burst out laughing, clutching your gut. He grins, giving a small bow and thanking the imaginary crowd. When you finally calm down, you wipe the tears from your eyes. "That was great." You say.

"I'm glad someone likes it. Cassie didn't. I think the idea of playing with the wet cards turned her away from it." He says, wiping them on his pant leg.

You chuckle, shaking your head. "Well, that proves it. I'm a lot more boring than I thought."

"Oh, please. I had plenty of time to learn that." He waves away with a scoff. "I'm sure you've got something up your sleeve."

"Yeah, no." You say, beginning to walk again.

He lets out a sigh, scratching the back of his neck. "Don't worry. I'll get it out of you sometime tonight."

xxx

"Wow. Was that restaurant amazing or what? I swear, best crab cakes in the universe." He says as you exit the building.

"I have to admit, the shrimp was to die for. I would eat there again in a heartbeat." You say as you tuck your purse higher onto your shoulder.

As you start down the path again, his hand magically finds yours. Usually, you brush people's act of affection away during a first date, but you didn't want Scott to let go. In fact, you actually wanted him to take a step farther than hand holding.

You lean yourself closer to him, your shoulders almost brushing. "You know, I thought this date would be completed shit." He says, breaking the silence.

"Honestly, same." You confess. "I decided to go on this date because I needed to get out there again. I thought I could test the water with this date."

"So, does that mean I can count on a second one?" He asks with a smirk. In this light, his eyes were almost electric. You had never been so captivated by such eyes.

"You can definitely count on a second." You smile. You both slow to a stop, your eyes locking. You can feel your heart beating rapidly out of your chest. Slowly, you move your head to him.

You close your eyes, slightly puckering your lips. When you meet his, you feel like you're melting into him. You've never felt a kiss like this before. You had kissed plenty of guys over the years, but something about this made you want more.

You pull away, needing a breath. When you look back at his face, you begin to realize how quick you were reacting. This was only the first date! You couldn't believe you had kissed him on the first date!

"I'm sorry. I realize that--"

"(Y/N)!" He pretends to gasp, placing his own hand on his chest. "Why, that was such a scandalous move. Kissing me on the first date." He scoffs, rolling his eyes with a smile. "I think want to take back my offer of a second date."

"Oh, I'm sorry." You say, playing along. "I just thought we had a chemistry there."

He hums, pretending to think. "Would it be safe for me to assume that chemistry is your hobby? Because, (Y/N), let me tell you. We definitely have a chemistry going." He grins.

You laugh, tossing back your head as you start back down the path. As much as you didn't want to admit it, (Y/BFF/N) had somehow found your literal soulmate.

~~~~~~~~~~
And this was also garbage but I really wanted to write a Scott one shot sooooooooo here ya go! Hopefully I can improve on his with some more practice.