Running Team (Tony X Reader)

THIS IS FOR MY BFF starkyremarks AGAIN. AS PROMISED AND FOR BEING AWAY FOR SO LONG, HERE IS A TONG ONE SHOT!! I HOPE YOU ENJOY GURL!

"Tony, are you almost ready?" You call out as you quickly tie your tennis shoes. You had decided that it was time to start working out more and eating healthier. Sure, Tony doesn't really need it, but you hate working out alone.

"Can't we just grab some donuts and sit in the gym parking lot and eat them? That sounds better than actually working out." He says as he walks to the front door. You can't help but admire what he's wearing. He's got a cutoff on that shows off his strong arms. His shorts come to his mid thigh, letting you catch a glimpse of his powerful legs.

"No, Tony. We have to start eating healthy." You say, standing up and grabbing your water bottle.

"I don't know. I think we look just fine. We could eat a whole tub of ice cream and no one would say a word." He says, slinging his arm over your shoulders and pulling you close.

"That's not the point. I just want to be healthier for myself. It has nothing to do with losing weight." You say as you walk out the front door.

"Good. Cause if you gained 3000 pounds don't think for a second I would love you any less." He says, kissing your forehead.

xxx

"Alright, what are we doing first?" Tony says as you two enter the large gym. There's a good crowd inside working out. You start to feel a little self-conscious, but you swallow it down.

"We should stretch a little and then go to the treadmill." You say, walking over to a quiet corner of the gym. There's plenty of space to stretch and you two don't feel like you're in the way of someone trying to work out.

"Stretching. What are we gonna do? Downward dog?" Tony scoffs, rolling his brown eyes. He glances over at you, smiling.

"No, this isn't yoga. You just like loosen up your muscles, goof." You smile, rolling your eyes at him as you grab your ankle and pull it to the back of your leg. "You wouldn't want to pull anything."

"I don't know. Maybe if I hurt something I can pull some cards and get the others to pity me." Tony says, shrugging his shoulder as he copies your moves.

"Yeah, I don't think so. I don't think they'll be really empathic to you if they find out you hurt yourself just working out with me." You chuckle, shaking your head at him.

"I think it's worth a shot. I wouldn't mind being babied for a couple of days." He teases, going on. "I could get Natasha to get me water, complain to Cap that I can't leave the lab for his boring meetings. Maybe I could get Bruce to hand me all of my tools so I wouldn't have to move at all."

"You're such a jerk, you know that, right?" You laugh, gently shoving him. He laughs along, pulling his arm across his body to stretch it out.

He lets out a long sigh. "Alright, I think played along with you long enough. Let's go get our torturous run on." He says, marching over to two open treadmills.

You hop on yours, quickly pushing buttons to figure out what you want to do. Do you want to do a generic workout, or just wing it on your own? You figure you wanna step out of the box a little, so you chose a random one on the machine.

"Alright, no longer than a 20 minute run." Tony says as he pops his earbuds in. "I don't even run when I'm in trouble, so this is truly a rare sighting. Take it in quick." He adds before starting out in a slow jog.

"Very nice. Glad to see you putting your legs to good use finally." You tease, softly clapping your hands at him.

The machine gradually picks up the pace, making you push yourself harder and harder. You can feel your chest tightening and your legs starting to give a little. But you have to give it your all, otherwise what's the point of working out?