Chapter 13

A/N Holiday bonus chapter update! Like a needed a reason to post a second chapter? Hope you like it!

Lucy's POV

It's the first day of the tournament and thankfully Natsu and I were no longer gold and glowing. We were back to normal and Happy made sure to tell everyone for us when we decided to stay home and train. He would go to the guild without us but he always returned a couple times throughout the day everyday to make sure we were alright or more likely that we were still there.

Natsu and I held hands as we walked to the guild Happy singing about all the preparations that they had done and that Master had even invited the other guilds. In fact all of Fiory had been invited to watch if they bought a ticket. Magnolia was crammed with people and eventually Natsu gave up trying to walk to the guild.

He picked me up princess style and jumped above their heads, I couldn't help giggling since I could have easily done the same myself, but I just wrap my arms around his neck and snuggled into him breathing his sweet cinnamon scent in. We arrived far quicker than I wished but Natsu didn't bother trying to put me down as he just walked into the guild head held high. I watched him in awe as he grinned his signature grin and greeted our comrades.

"Ready to get your ass beat?" he laughed still holding me as he talked with those around us. I'm still tired and lay my head on his chest. Celeste had given us this morning off since we would be participating in the tournament anyway but she had been particularly tough yesterday insisting that we train three times as hard.

"Looks like flame brain decided to show up after all!" I hear Gray call out. I roll my eyes and threw a fireball at him myself. Which only left Natsu a laughing mess.

"I wasn't talking about you Lucy!" Gray yelled as he dodges the fire. I extinguish the flames before they hit the surrounding area though. No one noticed the three figures, whom we invited for what we had planned, slip in behind us.

I hop out of Natsu's arms and bound up to Master to speak quietly about something Natsu and I had discussed. We wanted to put on a private show for guild members only, using our flames. He nodded happily and made the announcement that Natsu and I would start the tournament with a small show.

Natsu and I took our places on stage him on one side, myself on the other. We raised our flames making the whole stage appear to catch fire. When we were ready we lowered the flames to look tall as grass waving in the wind. Natsu started the show by waving his arms carefully and concentrating hard he formed a fairly large dragon for everyone to see. We heard several people gasp in the audience but ignored it.

"There was once a Dragon known to all the other dragons as the Fire Dragon King, Igneel." I started narrating the story. "One day Zeref the black wizard came to him begging for help. His baby brother Natsu was refusing to learn or grow after he had resurrected him," Natsu now created a figure that resembled his brother with a small child.

He then had Igneel raise his head up and down as if he was agreeing to something. "Igneel agreed to adopt the baby boy and teach him his magic and to raise him as his heir." I heard a few more comments in the crowd but ignored them. Natsu allowed Zeref to disappear and only allowed the child to remain. "Igneel, did his best teaching the boy everything that he could. From reading and writing to magic even basic survival skills." Natsu showed the dragon and the boy going through the activities as I listed them off.

Then I took over the flames and Natsu started narrating, "Igneel taught me the laws of the dragons. Dangerous things that no human outside of a dragon slayer should ever know." I let the flames flash on the stage and recreated a now larger boy sitting on the ground with Igneel talking to him, no sound of course.