Chapter 12

A/N It's a little long this week. And I'm posting a little early due to Thanksgiving. Hope you and yours are having a great life and I hope you enjoy the story!

Lucy's POV

This morning I'm feeling refreshed and as I stretch I smile a little bit. The golden glow of our skin is starting to fade, I smile at the thought, not that anyone else would have noticed. Natsu was holding me tight so when I stretched it had woken him up. I saw as realization dawned on his face and he smiled his signature smile for the first time in over a month. I match him and tug on him pulling him to the shower. 

We shower and dress for the day and walk to the guild for the first time with a smile on our faces. Sure it was only a small smile, but it was a smile nonetheless. I held Natsu's hand like a lifeline refusing to let it go as we walked inside. The guild had gotten accustomed to going dead silent whenever we came in and today was no different. Although they seemed to notice that for once we were not near tears. I saw several people smiling for the first time in weeks. 

Natsu and I go to the mission board and pick out another mission a little harder than the past few weeks but not by much.  Apparently another forest fire had begun this time far larger and a little further away. I look at Natsu and we bumped fists. A small smile on our faces. We take it to Mira who as always was smiling at us. 

"You two look better today, is it over?" She asked us. I could feel the tension in the room rise as if she had said something forbidden. 

I smile a small smile back at her, "Not yet but almost."

She nods her head happily, "I'm glad we have missed you both so much. Be careful now and just know we are here whenever you need us!" 

I nod my head and feel as Natsu does too before we wave and walk out of the guild again. 

"Thank Mavis it's almost over!" I hear Gray sigh as we walked towards the station. 

"But they are still gold? I wonder what all that was anyway?" Erza spoke up. 

"Well the magazine the Jason had that day said they were blessed by a statue of the Star Dragon whatever that means," Gray answered. 

"If they were blessed then why did they come back like that?" I hear little Happy cry out.

"We still don't know, but they told us they would try to tell us two weeks after the gold glow was gone. I'm honestly surprised it has lasted this long." Gray again. Their voices were growing fainter the further we walked. We were getting closer to the train station and even with our really advanced hearing we would soon lose them simply because of the noise at the station. 

"Don't push them, brats. I fear it is far worse than we can ever truly understand," Master shushed them. "Be careful and whatever you do, do not take what they say lightly!" That was the last thing I heard as Natsu and I walked into the bustling platform that was the train station. We bought our tickets and boarded the train. I replayed what I overheard for Natsu so that he could hear it to. I lay in his arms as the train pulled away from the station. 

Natsu's POV

The mission was easier than expected and we were now entering the guild hall again it had been a week since we left and we were both feeling pretty good. Full smiles on our faces as we took a seat in the corner alone. It was still a far cry from what we had normally done before. I would fight Gray for whatever reason and Lucy would sit at the bar sipping on a strawberry shake, but it was a start. 

I waved at Mira who nodded at me smiling and Lucy and I began chatting about the mission. "You did great, you're getting even better everyday! Soon you will pass me up," I laugh out loud. It was time to start dropping hints for everyone.