Chapter 26

Darryl POV

"I never knew he would do this." Clay sobbed, "I thought he was good."

"I know, it's not your fault." I comforted him.

We were in an abandoned building hiding but until Zak woke up. He hasn't woken up since the shock, but I think he'll be okay.

Zelk helped Clay along the way, because he was basically having a meltdown. While I carried Zak, who was awfully light. But I really shouldn't be surprised since he was eating whatever slop they were feeding him for a year.

I had laid him down on a old mattress that we found. Clay was sitting in the corner silently. While Zelk and George has a hushed conversation in the far side of the room. And I sat next to Zak, making sure he was alright every once and a while.

I decided I could leave Zak for a bit and walked over to Clay.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

He shrugged in reply.

"Do you need anything?" I asked.

He shook his head.

I guess this is a one way conversation.

We kind of just sat there in silence for a while until heard someone groan. I looked up and saw Zak stir. I rushed over to him and sat down, he opened his eyes and winced.

"Shit, that hurts like hell." He muttered.

"Hey language." I said, "Also how are you feeling?"

"Not very well." Zak replied.

Then he spotted Clay in the corner. "Woah, what happened to him?" Zak said as he looked around, "Where's Mega?"

I didn't know how to answer but Clay answered for me, "Dead."

"What?" Zak asked.

"I shot him, he's dead." Clay said.

"What why?" He asked.

I looked at Zak and said, "He's the one who electrocuted you."

"Son of a bitch." Zak mumbled, then glanced up at Clay and said, "No offense."

Clay just shrugged.

"Well we should get moving." Zak said.

"No you need rest." I said.

"I'm fine." He said as he stood up.

But he quickly fell back down wincing.

"Or maybe I'm not fine." He said.

"You both need rest." I said, eyeing Clay and Zak.

"Okay, yeah, rest, whatever." Zak said.

"And you need to sleep." I said.

"Aw, why do you have to be like that?" Zak whined.

I glared at him and he rolled his eyes.

"Whatever." He said.

Then he laid down, closed his eyes, and rolled over, drifting off to sleep.