Chapter 6

Darryl POV

"So we start by waking up super early. Because usually when I wake up the first tray is already there." Zak started.

"Why does it have to be in the morning?" I asked.

"I'm not telling you that. I said I'm giving you a vague explanation." Zak said.

Of course he still doesn't trust me.

I can't blame him though, he hasn't seen anyone for a whole year. He doesn't know what to expect.

"Anyway, when they put the tray through the slot, we hit their hands. And.... so some other stuff. Then the door will be unlocked. And boom, we're free." Zak explained.

I just stood there, "That was the worst explanation I've ever heard."

Zak shrugged, "I think it was a great explanation."

He laughed quietly, covering his mouth with his sleeve. I smiled at him, he acts like such a child. Oh my goodness, how could I be so lucky to be stuck in here with someone like-

"Hey Darryl?" Zak said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

A serious look came over his face, "How much did I miss?"

"What?" I asked.

"What happened in the year I was gone? Has there been any changes? Anything I should know about?" Zak asked.

I realized how sad Zak must be. Stuck on here for a year. Not knowing what's going on in the world.

"Hm, not that I can think of..." I trailed off, trying to think of something to say.

A disappointed look came over his face.

Um

Um

Um

I'm going to make him sad.

I thought of something and began to talk, "So they came out with a new phone called the iPhone 11."

"Really?" He smiled, looking interested, "Is it cool?"

"A lot of people like it but I personally don't like it." I replied.

So for the rest of the day we sat around and talk about what happened in the last year.

Oof I feel like this is a rlly bad chapter 😬