Chapter 11

Darryl POV

Zak was bouncing with excitement was we walked through the hallways. "Stop it you muffin." I whispered, "You're being too loud."

He stopped immediately, "Sorry."

I nudged him playfully, careful to only touch his shirt. I've learned that Zak is not big on physical touch. He gets really uncomfortable with it and I respect that. He just needs some time to adjust.

I was too distracted by my thoughts, I didn't notice that Zak had stopped in the middle of the hallway.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Somethings not right." He mumbled.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Follow me." He whispered. He ran through the hallway and turned right into a closet of some sort. I followed him in and he shut the door. Just in time because I heard footsteps outside the closet door.

I heard someone with a French accent talking, "Go check on all the subjects."

Someone with a British accent spoke now, "Yes sir."

"Come on Dave." The British guy said.

Once their footsteps faded, Zak spoke, "The French guy is Vincent. The British guy is Finn, and then there's Dave."

I nodded, "Did they say they were going to check on the 'subjects'?"

Zak's eyes widened, "Are we the subjects?"

Suddenly and alarm rang throughout the building and a voice yelled into the speaker, "Alert, subjects Z1 and D have escaped. I respect subjects Z1 and D have escaped."

I heard footsteps in the hallway, "How did they get out?"

That was Finn.

"I don't know." Someone replied, which I assumed was Dave.

"How about subjects Z2 and G?" Finn asked.

"They're secure." Dave replied.

"Okay good, now let's start searching." Finn said.

I heard them run down the hallway.

Subjects Z2 and G.

There are other people here.