Chapter 13

Zak POV

As we crept through the hallways Darryl would stop whining.

"Oh my goodness, this is so stupid." Darryl said for the hundredth time, "Do you even know where you're going?"

"Yes." I replied.

Well kind of.

Their room has to be near ours right?

Darryl muttered and grumbled under his breath.

"Can you shut up?" I asked.

"Hey, that's rude!" He said.

"I don't care, you're being annoying." I snapped.

I spotted our room and stopped walking. I looked around at the rooms but all the doors looked exactly the same.

The only reason I knew the one on front of us was ours is because the door is open. The only difference between our room and the other rooms is that it has a keypad next to the door.

Just look for the other door with a keypad.

I searched the hallway until I spotted it.

I pointed at the door, "There!"

Darryl and I jogged over to the door. I peaked through the slot where they put the food, and sure enough I spotted two boys.

They both looked like they were around my age. They both had brown hair and one had glasses.

I knocked on their door quietly. They both turned to look at the door. The boy with out the glasses walked up to the door, "Who are you?"

"We're the other prisoners." I whispered.

"You guys are the ones that escaped?" The boy whispered.

I nodded and looked at the keypad.

Would they have the same could as ours?

I typed it in.

I heard a click and the door opened.

I came face to face with the two boys. The boy without the glasses smiled at me and put out his hand, "Hi, I'm Zelkham."

I shook it, "I'm Zak."

The boy with the glasses was standing behind Zelkham, looking ecstatic.

"I'm George." He said.

Darryl nodded slightly and said, "I'm Darryl."

I heard a shout, "I hear talking this way!"

We all took off running in the other direction. We kept running until we reached a dead end. I ran into a room to our right, it seemed to be a janitors closet.

I sat down, trying to catch my breath, "So Zelkham, George, how long have you guys been here?"

George spoke up, "I've been here for almost 9 months and Zelkham's been here for around a month."

"I've been here for a little over a year." I said, "And Darryl's been here for 2 weeks."

Zelkham looked at Darryl, "How old are you?"

"I'm 24." Darryl said.

We all shared our ages. George was 20 and Zelkham was 22 (idk their ages in real life)

I noticed that Darryl was being almost completely silent, I nudged him slightly, "You okay?"

He smiled at me, "Yeah, I'm good."