Chapter 10 Saturnalia

A/N: Hooooo boiiii, it seems like f o r e v e r since the last time I uploaded -_-'' I really want to thank you all for being so understanding and patient with me. I am currently through my last courses to finally get my degree, and these past exams on June and September really sucked the life out of me. Unfortunately, I won't be gratuating on the 20th of November but probably on March, since I failed my two last courses and I have them for the exams on January (Ancient Greek and Latin are surely a pain in my butt >_> ) And as if that wasn't enough, this past month has been hell for me, both mentally and physically so there was no energy to live, much less update this. BUT! I am back and from now on the uploads will come every first of the month without exceptions since I have lots of time, even with studying, to upload.

I really want to hear your thoughts about this chapter. The characters more or less rioted against me and pretty much wrote their own chapter, so I am kind of nervous to see how everything is set. I hope you like it and boiii does it feel good to be back! As always, love ya lots <3

Silence prevailed inside the half-lit living room. A huge map of the Slender Woods was spread on top of the coffee table, lightened up solely by the flames dancing on the fireplace right behind the armchair you were sitting on; Toby had draped himself on the left arm, deceivingly appearing non-threatening, while Hoody was standing authoritatively on your right, his hand on the top of the backrest. Kate and Tim were scattered further back, their presences still close enough to provide you with some kind of deranged reassurance that no killer was going to lay a hand on you.

For now at least.

Passing a hand over your face, you sigh deeply, ordering your thoughts sharply to collect themselves and focus on the matters at hand.

Six pairs of insane eyes were currently nailed on you, measuring up your every move, watching you like vultures ready to attack their potential victim. Their mere presence was enough to instill raw fear within you, drenching your sanity the more you were exposed to their dark auras; consumed by the shadows of their existence, urged on to make the slightest move that would mean your inevitable end. Only one move.

Jeff was sitting leisurely on the farthest armchair in your left, fingers entwined right in front of his haunting face and black eyes watching everyone like a hawk. Laughing Jack was standing on the shadows, as far away from the fireplace as he could get, his haunting grin never leaving his face; you had to consciously avoid looking at him, but from your peripheral vision, you still knew he was looking straight at you. Clockwork was obviously fed up with everything; her leg was bouncing impatiently and her fingers tapped on her knee constantly. A few drops of blood from her previous one-on-one with Toby still dripped from her nose, yet she didn't even bother wiping them. Sally was patiently sitting on the sofa on your right, tiny legs suspended from the ground and moving back and forth in a tune only she could hear. Last but not least, Jack and Halloween were the only ones that made no movements whatsoever; Jack was leaning straight back on the sofa, one hand shoved in his hoodie pocket and the other one resting on the sofa arm. Right next to him, Halloween was standing tall, her expression blank and unreadable. It was as if both of them didn't even breathe; it was unnerving to see them so unmoving, it made alarms inside your mind go off.

'As you all probably heard' you swallow hard 'A few Proxies have gone missing. The situation has been going on for a while now and Slender Man has summoned me to investigate. A few days ago, we had the first incident of a Proxy house inside Slender Woods disappearing, while another one was wiped out entirely as well.'

Painfully aware of your voice being the only thing disrupting the silence, you couldn't help keep the wavering off of it, your voice cracking and you folding onto yourself, trying to disappear among the fabric of the armchair and release yourself from their attention. Was your voice always that loud? And hell, your hands are shaking so hard, you physically must clasp them together to keep any dangerous eye away from them, in case they taunted you more. The moment the words leave your lips, Clockwork 'ts''s and rolls her green eye in exasperation.