Chapter 4 The Nobodies

A/N: This chapter was an absolute pain to write. >_< it just kept going and going and going and before I knew it, here are 23 word pages to make up for my inability to follow a schedule ^^;;; I... I still don't know if I got the characters right, especially since I'm very tired these days with all the extra work I have at my job (I GOT A NEW JOB X3 X3 yeyyyyy) since Christmas is just around the corner and I'm literally drowning in paperwork, so as usual, feel free to point out anything amiss and I'll fix it right away ^^ Just a friendly reminder though that the Proxies are different from the Killers in many ways, though not less dangerous in any way. But.... without further adue, to the chapter we go! Stay unique my loves, can't wait to hear your thoughts <3
~Vivian

With an abrupt twinge, you come to your senses.

Holy freaking cow, everything, literally e v e r y inch of your body is unanimously screaming out like a pterodactyl in the dead of the cold night who's trying desperately to imitate the higher frequency waves bats produce and fails at it miserably. Your head is pounding like someone hit you repeatedly with wild abandon and your stomach's trying to melt away the rest of your organs like Vesuvius is back in business. Honestly, you are more than surprised to actually wake up after all the pounding and the chase you were subjected to; all the wounds decorating your body are still there along with the pain resonating from your broken ribs and nose, while you do feel just a tad lethargic by all the blood loss. Which is why you are actually surprised to find yourself awake. All the pain wouldn't be present if you were dead. Oh the sweet, sweet release of death. But then again you might just be dead and in hell for the sin of downloading movies online from pirate sites as a teenager... Oh well, probably you've reserved the nearest boiling cauldron to the stage! Or then again, you're a cheap Deadpool knock off and everything hurts like shit just like him. You'd pay for his regenerative ability right about now, or at least Spidey-boy to come save your ass –hopefully as Andrew because you love Tom, but let's keep kids out of these kind of stories....FOCUS! This isn't Marvel; you've probably landed yourself straight into the DC universe. Buh-bye happiness and optimism.

Memories of the last things you saw before passing out fill your brain and you have to swallow hard on the lump threatening to close up your neck and choke you, as you remember the hellishly haunting creature standing above you and torturing you with convulsions and threatening words that made no sense. You were left as a tribute to it in the middle of the forest by those masked freaks and true to their word, now you are scared shitless with what the fuck was that thing you encountered. If that was the Master they were talking about, well slap you in the butt and call you Sally because you'll be getting the next train out of Looneybin despite all the things the Tall Man said to you. Which only brings forth the question of where the fuck are you now? You are surely awake right now, but all you can see is penetrating darkness with absolutely no traces of light whatsoever –for a moment you thought your eyes are still closed but no– and apparently someone has duct taped your mouth shut for good. Straining your ears, you try to catch a sound but nothing comes through....

This does absolutely nothing to alleviate your impeding hyperventilation.

Once again, the more the situation you are in sets in, the more your anxiety and horror skyrockets. It doesn't help when you realize you cannot move at all since you are strapped upon a chair, nor that your face is covered by a thick cloth. For all you know, they can be staring at you right now, watching how hopeless and vulnerable you are, waiting for the right opportunity to snap your neck like a twig. Coldness creeps its way on your scorching skin and the shivers it triggers shake your broken ribs violently, having you scream straight into the duct tape with sheer excruciating pain coursing through you. Trying the best you can to breathe, you swallow down the bile rising in your throat and try to breathe in through the sobs erupting. Tears roll down your eyes and with everything left within you, you focus on wiggling the best you can to loosen the bindings a little bit. The more you try though the more they bear themselves into your already hurt limbs, drawing a burning sensation that only intensifies the more you move. This torture seems to go on for hours; you try several times to count the minutes as precisely as you possibly can, but your anxiety does you no favors and it feels like hours upon hours pass by you, inside this cold and torturous prison offered by your damned mind. And your hyperventilating seems to go on and on and there is no stop to the tears and there is no stop to the fear and you beg, beg for your life to be spared and hope that the opportunity to get the hell out of here arises soon, before you lose whatever you had of your mind.