Chapter 9 Bad Moon Rising

Thunder erupts loudly above the house, drenching everything in white light, followed by the insistent whipping of the rain against the trees.

It doesn't scare you in the least, but there is absolutely no way to control the shaking of your hand.

For what seemed like the hundred time, the soup falls from the shaking spoon and your stomach grumbles like a pterodactyl in heat as you swear heavily in your head and try once again, from the beginning. Choo choo for the Orient Express bitches, the light in the end of the tunnel is the train coming to give us a nice hug. You just can't get your fucking hand to cooperate with you and the food keeps falling back into the bowl, leaving you to curse every single thing that ever existed or didn't. I mean, c'mon you fucking piece of shit, it's already been two days since you almost took a leap of faith down the balcony and your state hasn't gotten any better.

Fuck this shit.

Throwing the spoon somewhere in the grass, you bring the bowl to your lips and very carefully, like you don't have Parkinson's, you rest your lips to the side and gulp down a good mouthful of the warm liquid like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill. Almost immediately, your Teacher-throat inflames to punish you, scorching hot feeling spreading like wildfire as the soup goes down and bringing tears to your eyes; but you'll starve if you continue like this and the warmth will eventually soothe down the ache. After a few more good mouthfuls -that's what she said- you rest the bowl to the side and allow your head to lean on the wooden column right beside you. Closing your eyes, you relish at the feeling of the cold wind against your skin as you rest on the front patio, overlooking the forest, wrapped inside the warm blanket you have to protect yourself at night.

It has been raining since the day you came back from the Proxy house; loud thunder erupts through the whole forest, making the mere ground you are standing upon shake violently, before the flashing lighting turns the night into day. Cold winds and torrential downpour have turned the once dry soil into a huge puddle, forcing the Proxies to remain inside and reflecting the rage Slenderman must be feeling. Mist clings insistently among the trees and you can only find some peace of mind here, in the front veranda, listening to the rain with closed eyes.

I mean, you know it's as clever as going up to a murderer's face and spitting on it like there is no tomorrow, to relax and actually close your eyes but who lost his fucks for you to find huh? So bring it on bro, put you out of your misery and you'll make sure to thank him from your throne in hell for putting you out of your misery. E. T. is done with your shit. As if by some miracle, the Proxies have left you alone for the time being, since let's be real here: where the fuck will you run off to? The Woods? You'd rather chop off your own feet and cook them like the Salt Bae does than be alone in these nightmarish woods and since you were attacked by Michael, you're too loud in your steps for them to know if you're going to the kitchen to out yourself. Or use some other object. Or go to the bathroom. Or breathe in general.

Opening your eyes again, you watch the rain whip the tree trunks and move along with every little twist of the powerful wind.

Two days had gone by since the incidents in the Proxy house up north and lemme tell you dude, if you ever thought these assholes could get any more emo or Freddy Krueger-ish, this was the time. At first it was all fun and games that Hoody ordered for the alarm to be signaled -and deep within you, you thought it was something like a war-siren over the forest, or at least someone stepping on Tim's foot- but nothing had prepared you for when the Slenderman's mark would inflame so hard that even you had to take some of those weird pills, that ain't cocaine, to cope with the pain of the Sickness as they called it. Not that you had ever had cocaine but- oh look at the time! Anyway, the pain had subsided, but everyone had their minds royally fucked with all the angry radio signals Slender-bitch was transmitting and you were actually thinking of hitting yourself in the head to get a good night's sleep.