Chapter 1

^.^.^.Chapter  1.^.^.^.

        “Friends don’t let you do stupid things… alone.” -Unknown

        Like I always did on any boring Sunday afternoon I sat on the couch with the laptop on my lap scrolling through Facebook. My mom was upstairs taking her Sunday, after church, nap. My dad was outside watering the garden, both my brothers doing God knows what on that video game system a few rooms down.

        I was chatting with my friend Natalie on Facebook IM and watching some show my brother had left on the TV on Disney channel. It was about a vampire babysitter, enough said, you probably think my brother is weird for watching Disney channel, but well he’s 7, so screw that. But I kind of had to admit, I actually enjoyed watching the show, it was pretty entertaining.

        Anyways, I was talking to Nat when she told me to check out a website called iPage. I really had no interest for it, just telling her ‘yeah, I’ll check it out, later.’ When really I probably would forget it by the end of the conversation, but boy was I wrong! Because she ended up talking more about it.

        Nat- It’s really cool Al! U should check it out. There’s some really good books there, & u know me, I hate reading!

        Me- NO WAY! CALL THE PAPERS: NATELIE POTTER READING! HOLD THE PHONES EVERYONE! THIS ONE IS A BREAK THROUGH!

        Nat- Ha-ha-ha u r a comedian. But really Al check it out and read The Dating Girl! I’m sucked  into it! It from a teenage girl just like us I think.

        Me- That’s cool…what’s it about?

        I already regretted asking because she gave me the summer straight from the website. I read and to my surprise it did sound interesting! I had my doubts maybe thinking it’s boring because it was by some girl and not a professional author, but I gave her props.

        Me- Well…… I guess u r right…..

        Nat- SEE!!! Make an account and add me! I would like more fans haha.

        Me- Can’t I just read it without one.

        Nat- It’s better if u make 1 then u can vote & comment to the author 4 support.

        Me- Eh, I’ll just do it some other time.

        Nat- Ur such a lazy ass Al :P

        Me- Look who’s talking! UR STILL IN UR PJS!

        Nat *GASP!* :O How’d u no STALKER!

        Me- Dude its Sunday, that’s like ur thing :P

        Nat- True…… :( I’m such a lazy ass….. I’m in my pjs talking 2 u, eating ice cream from the tub, watching Mean Girls….. #NOLIFE!

        Me- Ur sad….y r u my friend again?! :P

        Nat- U loooooove my laziness! ;)

        Me- Mmm…..guess again.

        Nat- -.- and I thought we were BFFLs for LIFE!

        Me- Haha we r. Luv u, gtg I’m sick of typing :P

        Nat- SEE! We’re friends cause we’re BOTH lazy. HAHAHAHA

        Me- OK suuuuure  :P ttyl. Skol 2morrow, ugh!

        Nat- UGH! IK! Kk bye luv :)

            I closed down Facebook, staring at the TV for a while as the laptop generated heat on my lap. The show went on commercial too soon and my finger was back on the laptop.

        “Alllllllly!” my little brother Ryan whined, running up to me with a controller in his hand.

        “What Ry?” I asked dully.

        “Luke cheated! He cheated and he won’t admit it!” he complained to me, with a pout.

        I sighed, yes I thought, I can make my 17 year old brother admit he cheated on some game! So this is where my life has ended up to be, “Ryan, just play a game that you’re good at so you can beat him.” I just really didn’t want to get up from the couch.

        “I’ll play Mario Karts, then for sure he won’t beat me.” He thought, with an evil looking smile on his face. Why are boys so competitive?

        “You go do that.” I mumbled to him running away.

        “LUKE! I WANT TO PLAY MARIO KARTS!” He shouted.

        I rolled my eyes laughing lightly as I got back on the laptop; I ended up typing in iPage wanting to read the book Natalie told me about. I sighed in as it asked me if I wanted to join or log in. I could always just make it now, it’s not like I have to use it and stuff. I made an account adding the book to my library already reading the first chapter…and the next, and the next, and the next. I didn’t know how long I was reading until my mom shouted at me.

        “You’re still on the computer, Ally?” My mom asked, sounding a bit shock.

        “I’ve been watching TV too. Besides I’m reading.”

        “What are you reading?” she asked from the kitchen preparing coffee.

        “Something Nat told me to read, a book.” I said getting frustrated that she was interrupting me and I couldn’t pay attention.

        What’s it about?” she asked trying to peek over.

        “Mom, can you stop being so noisy.” I told her, shifting my body.

        “I’m your mother. I’m supposed to know what you’re doing at all times.” she said walking away to get a cup of coffee.

        Whatever, I thought. I kept on reading my book hearing my mother tell the boys to get off the videos games as dad got into the house.

        “Well the watering is done, thanks for the help guys.” My dad announced sarcastically.

        “You’re welcome!” Ryan replied back with a giggle.

        I continued reading on, already on chapter ten. Natalie was right; this book is going to suck me in.

^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^

Thanks for reading!-XOLuvKylie