Chapter 11

^.^.^. Chapter 11 ^.^.^.

“The truth may hurt for a little while but a lie hurts forever.”- Unknown

It was back to school. The long Friday nights sitting in a coffee shop, sleeping in on Saturday mornings, and being lazy all Sunday afternoon was long gone. It was back to reality with the little place every teenager hates, high school, and boy does it suck to be back on a rainy Monday day.

It was double math class now, another reason to hate rainy Mondays. An hour and thirty minutes being stuck in a class with numbers, equations, and thing that don’t make sense. Awesome. On the other hand, double math on a Monday with Natalie!

After the teacher explained the lesson he passed out a worksheet and told us to partner up. Automatically, my partner was Nat.  I moved my desk next to hers and shoved my paper to the side.

“Alright spill. I’ve waited all weekend and the first two periods this morning. Now is your time to tell.” I ordered looking a Nat with a stern look.

“Okay, okay.” She smiled turning in her seat, “So he drove to the ice cream parlor, we had ice cream, he paid, he made jokes, I laughed-”

“This story is obtaining lack of detail.” I mentioned in a gruff tone.

“It’s an outline of my night not a freakin’ novel.” She said with a laugh and a shrug of her shoulder, “So then after that we caught a movie. We went to see that scary movie with the two homeless children and their mom is like a ghost or something. It was pretty intense and not scary at all-”

“Are you high or something! That movie is freakin’ messed up! I’d be shitting my pants if I ever saw that.” I interrupted looking at her as if she were crazy.

“Wasn’t that bad.” Nat said waving her hand at me, “Anyways, after that we went to the park across the street and walked around, laughed and talked, talked about the movie, then he drove me home around midnight. I went to bed, slept, woke up, and then done. That was my Friday night for you.”

“Aw, it sounds like you had a cute date night.” I squealed, pinching her cheeks slightly.

She pulled away with a frown, “Gosh you’re worse than my mother.” She scolded looking down at her paper.

“So….. I’ve got some news to tell you.” I said shyly twirling my pencil between my fingers.

“Are you going to admit you had an amazing Friday night with your brother cause if you do I’d like you to hold that thought right there.” She chuckled as she finished a problem.

“Ha- no. Not even if the world was ending.” I chuckled, “No but my Friday night also consisted of a….a hang out of some sorts.” I mentioned doodling on the edge of my paper.

“A date!” She said a little too loud of my liking. I shhed her and looked around the room. Only a few people looked at us weirdly, the teacher shhed us and told use to go back to work. “You went on a date?!” Nat says whisper shouting at me.

My bit my bottom lip and shook my head, “No it was strictly just a hang out. He even said that in the message.”

“Wait, wait, wait, and hold the phone, who is this guy anyways? And why haven’t you told me you’ve been crushing!?” Natalie said rapidly.

“Remember Nick from the play? Him, I hung out with Nick on Friday. Like literally right after I walked out of your house he messaged me.” I explained twirling my hair around my fingers.