The chapter starts now (11)

Harry's POV

It was Saturday afternoon and Zayn and I were sitting cross-legged on my bed, facing each other, with two pizzas placed in the middle of us, which we had ordered from a delivery service.

"Like seriously Curly, you can't tell me that Elizabeth is a more interesting character than Mr. Darcy", Zayn exclaimed.

"Zayn, he honestly is the most arrogant, rude and conceited person in the entire novel. Why on earth would she be even considering to fall for him?", I disagreed.

"Well Curly, I hate to break it to you, but you can't decide whom you're falling for. Besides Mr. Darcy is intriguing and mysterious", Zayn retorted, smirking because he knew he had outpointed me.

"Well, yeah. But if I was her, I still don't think I'd ever want to give him a chance", I reciprocated.

"But why not? He changes. At least in my opinion he does. If you compare his behavior in the beginning with his behavior in the end you can clearly tell that he has changed. Not only obviously about his prejudices against Elizabeth but also about his view on society. I don't know how to explain it, but to me he is being portrayed being more self-reflected, like he is sorry for how he was in the past. It's like he is almost a new character", Zayn argued further and he sounded so passionate and sincere about it that I couldn't help but smile.

"But maybe his doing in the past is unforgivable", I put forward, even though he had almost convinced me of his point of view.

"So you don't think that he deserved the second chance?"

"Ehm, well maybe. It's not like he committed something extremely bad, but I still don't get how she chose him, if she could have had someone else...I mean It's easy to identify with her, but her choice is just not what I would go for", I tried to explain myself.

"Interesting", was all Zayn said to that.

Zayn's POV

After our date yesterday, which ended in Harry and I reluctantly letting go of each other, we decided to go out on another date the day after. Why not? I liked him, he liked me, why not go out on another date right away? That's basically how we ended up sitting on his bed, eating pizzas and talking about random stuff, mostly about books though. Not a typical date. Well I guess we already stated that we just weren't typical, but extraordinary.

"Like seriously Curly, you can't tell me that Elizabeth is a more interesting character than Mr. Darcy", I exclaimed.

"Zayn, he honestly is the most arrogant, rude and conceited person in the entire novel. Why on earth would she even considering to fall for him?", he disagreed.

"Well Curly, I hate to break it to you, but you can't decide whom you're falling for. Besides Mr. Darcy is intriguing and mysterious", I retorted, smirking because I knew I had outpointed him. Besides that's how it was, you just couldn't decide not to like someone, even I knew that, although I really wasn't experienced that much in the matter of relationships and feelings.

"Well, yeah. But if I was her, I still don't think I'd ever want to give him a chance", he reciprocated. For some reason I was not happy with Harry's reply. Maybe I was just acting stupid or thinking too much, but I took Harry not wanting to give Mr. Darcy a second chance, for he wouldn't give me a chance if he'd knew about my past. I shouldn't transfer Pride and Prejudice on my own life though, but my mind just did what it did.

"But why not? He changes. At least in my opinion he does. If you compare his behavior in the beginning with his behavior in the end you can clearly tell that he has changed. Not only obviously about his prejudices against Elizabeth but also about his view on society. I don't know how to explain it, but to me he is being portrayed being more self-reflected, like he is sorry for how he was in the past. It's like he is almost a new character", I argued further and I must have sounded really passionate or funny, because I could see a smile creeping up on Harry's face.