MLRB 10: Photogenic

Start from the beginning

"Ells, I want to change." His voice was slurry but I believed in his words and although there was a 99% chance he changes his mind tomorrow I was willing to do something.

"I know." I unlocked our cabin placing him on the floor in the bathroom sure he'll start hurling soon. "First I'm getting you sober, then clean-"

He laughed. "Your giving me a shower? Must be my lucky day. Is it my birthday?" I forgot he was drunk, he vomited into the toilet and sat back up. "I don't know when is your birthday anyways?" Just curious.

"21st of December. Mark that down in your calendar." I pointed to my temple. "Done, mines is the same date just a month before so mark that down." His birthday was the day after we headed home which was weeks away. My birthday was tomorrow only since he was drunk he probably wouldn't remember just like my own parents. They either called a day/week later, I was just glad they had a rough idea of when it was and how it always came with something lavish and expensive. I also liked to see the looks on their faces when they one day realised where all those gifts ended up. Most of the time I sell it then donate to the charity close to my heart or meet someone in need and give it to them instead. I don't need their money I had savings and believe it or not I had a job at the mechanics store I had more then enough. My parents were materialists and always will be.

"Gotcha." He threw up once more and put his hand over my shoulder as I walked him to his bed. There was vomit all over his tee-shirt. A great excuse to see his abs again.

"Change into a tee okay." He nodded so I took that off noticing the tattoo near his biceps it said something I was too slow to read. He changed, drank some water and aspirin and was off to sleep in minutes.

∆∆∆∆∆

My phone was ringing, I knew who it was.

"Hello?" My voice was barely there and it sounded like I was having some sort of attack. Why couldn't my voice sound sexy in the mornings? Instead I wake and its barely there that I need water to make it a tad bit better.

"HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY BITCH!!!!!!" There was a lot of yelling and I could only imagine what energy drinks she had taken.

I smiled. She's done this ever since I've known her because she knows I won't pick up at midnight like everyone else would. "Thank you Geegee. I miss you and your loudness."

She coughed. "Don't get all emotional on me now. Your eighteen how does it feel?" I was officially eighteen no longer seventeen but that age where everything is available. She turned eighteen in January so she was annoyed to find out I was indeed older than her.

"No different, I expect a present when I get back." I didn't get to hear her reply as the phone sounded as it was being snatched or fought over with. Then my real parents were on the phone.

"Happy birthday darling, Logan was taking too long. How are you? We miss you heaps and wish you could spend it with us." They understood my circumstances and still opened my with open arms. Emma and Robert were my real parents and I missed them a lot. I could hear Logan complaining although I talk to her more often then these special two so I didn't pay any attention to her.

"Great now. I'm good, this camp isn't too bad. I miss you guys heaps and you know I hate birthday cakes anyways." Its true, I hate cake unless its something light like sponge cake.

"That's great honey, stay in touch. Be safe and have fun and you'll get your gift when you get back." A tear had fallen without me realising it I wiped it away quick. They all yelled things into the phone before saying their goodbyes. That phone call just made my day, I just wondered what stupid crap Miranda and Tim would send me this year hopefully a car so I can put it towards something I've been wanting to do for a while now.