A Forrest Within Him

Green. A color I've begun to find comfort in, shining bright like emeralds, I often find myself captivated by the beauty of your eyes.

I allow myself to drift into my thoughts as I gaze into the green orbs before me, I ponder what possible mysteries and stories they hold.

Your eyes gentle and calm, like a soft breeze kissing the forest trees during midday. They're inviting, seeming to almost pull me closer towards you as I begin to find comfort and stability in the boy before me.

I glance at my phone screen, I take note in the various emotions and thoughts displayed on his face. His eyes seem to light up, the striking, bright emeralds seeming to almost glow when he's ecstatic about something. Even the way his nose scrunches up when he catches something he doesn't like.

I've often noticed how calm, yet assertive he can be when it comes to serious topics at hand. His protectiveness and endless reassurance, providing me with the feelings of hope and serenity.

His hugs providing a sense of security and comfort. Affection has never been something I've been fond of, but with him, I wouldn't mind.

I soon realized I've gotten lost in my mind, due to the beautiful soul and heart that this man carries within him. He's calling my name as I snap back into reality, a voice filled with concern as he asks what I'm thinking about. I try my best to steer clear of the thoughts within the walls of my mind, being brought to the surface.

He seems to know just how to get me to talk, his voice soft and full of care, allowing me to escape from the thoughts that try to drown me in fear.

I've found comfort in the boy with the emeralds that shine bright, the Forrest within his eyes holding me captive. Yet, for once, I'm not putting up a fight.

The emeralds within his eyes shining bright, his secure hold around me, slowly bringing me back to life.

I find myself at peace next to the boy standing before me, a genuine smile appearing on my face. My thoughts are clear, this is a feeling I never want to escape.
-Mari

this chapter is dedicated to my friend devon. thanks for reading my angels.