Behind Our Eyes

We seem to forget that the words we fail to utter out of our mouths, shout ten times louder in our eyes. I've learned over the years to not pay attention to the response that comes out of a person's mouth but instead focus on their eyes.

Looking at a persons eyes has become an easy tell you how someone is truly feeling. So if you learn anything from this book, learn to use the endless stories hidden inside the iris.

The wind rips through my hair brushing harshly against my face leaving my nose and cheeks a light stained peach. I rush inside my apartment and find myself in the living room in front of my sister. She is trying to ask me if I'm okay and the sweet lie of the famous "I'm fine," seems to slip out a bit easier each time.

I stumble into the bathroom gazing into the mirror. The bags under my eyes more prominent than yesterday's, these seem to be a bit more unforgiving.

The Sclera of my eyes has become stained a light red from lack of sleep mixed with the endless tears that I can't seem to stop from escaping them these days.

My once bright, happy, brown irises could now be compared to the water found in a murky mud puddle. My corneas have become almost glassed over due to the constant smoking to escape feeling my emotions.

My eyes are puffy and are becoming increasingly heavier by the minute due to the lack of sleep.

I remember how I used to love my eyes, I would focus on the dark brown that encased the light brown in the middle, mixing in with different shades of brown making my eyes almost look like chocolate and pools of honey.

Unfortunately now, the golden glow of the honey is gone, replaced with the eternal darkness that I can't seem to escape from. The remaining ounces of happiness seeming to almost be drained out of my irises.

Soon the darkness will become to dark to overcome and I'll get lost trying to find the light I so desperately need to see. Falling into the unavoidable black hole as I take my last breath.
-Mari

This was a bit of a darker chapter my baddddd. Remember that you are loved angels <3