The Golden Tree

The leaves crunch softly underneath my feet, the cold wind whipping against my face, the wind makes it feel a little chillier than usual.

I look around the forest, the sunlight ever so gently peaking through providing a small amount of warmth to anything below. The golden glow against the forest in front of me, allowing it to look somewhat magical.

The walk through the forest provides me with comfort, leaving me feeling carefree and at peace.

The birds singing beautifully in the distance, the squirrels running about scavenging for fallen tree nuts, the forest is beautiful this time of day, every animal and plant playing it's part.

The sun softly kisses my face as I sit down amongst one of the trees, the golden glow of this tree was far more stunning than the rest, seeming to almost call out to me begging me to notice it.

I lean against the tree the sunlight against me providing me with a soft glow. My red hoodie, vibrant and bright, holding me gently as I cling to it for warmth.

I begin to sketch in my notepad, the shading and the strokes seem scattered at first, it isn't until I finish that I realize I've drawn the tree I'm leaning against.

A tree, something so simple that most people wouldn't spare it so much as a second glance, yet it's something that has such a great significance.

We are just like the trees, we're so used to seeing other humans that we barely pay the next one passing by any attention, when we should be stopping and getting to know every person you can.

We all have a purpose and we all are greatly significant to this world. We tend to overlook each other, when in reality we need to look into each other, balance one another out.

We spend so much time spreading hate instead of spreading love. Spread love more.
-Mari

hi my angels <3