𝖛𝖎𝖎 | 𝔞𝔠𝔱 𝔬𝔫𝔢: 𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

When the boys made it home that night, they placed Nathan on a chair, and their frantic search for the prescription bottle began.

"It's really not that serious, guys." Nathan sighed, rubbing his temples. "You know we could look for this in the morning, right?"

"Shut up," Kian said as he rushed past him.

"It's one in the morning." Nathan groaned. "This is ridiculous." He attempted to get up and was instantly pushed back down by Zaire.

"Don't even," Zaire warned him.

"If Ellie couldn't find it, what makes you think you idiots could find it?" Nathan asked.

"There's four of us and one Beth," Javier spoke. "Just sit down and wait."

Nathan dramatically sighed as he spun in the chair. "Move your body right next to mine. Feel the beat, and we're lost in time. I am yours, and you are mine." He pointed at Beth, who walked by with a jar of Nutella in her hand.

"Forever baby!" She giggled. "You look bored."

"Those idiots are trying to find my medication." He said. "Wastemans." He shook his head.

"Really? I couldn't find that thing anywhere. It's probably somewhere in that pig pen you call a room."

"It's not. I tried looking for it the day we had that Zach Sang interview, but I gave up after two minutes," he said. "I'm surprised that I even made it through that interview."

"I was so nervous because you were spacing out, and I didn't want people to think you were high during the interview."

"I'd love to do that. Imagine all four of us doing an interview high as hell." He stopped laughing when Beth shot him a glare. "Not that we'd do that." He scratched the back of his head. "How are you? You've been doing your own thing these last couple of days."

"I've been dealing with Devin and his bullshit." She kissed her teeth. "I swear, I am so done with him and his childish antics."

"What'd he do this time?"

"He accused me of having an affair with Andrew." She said and then laughed when Nathan fake gagged. "Right! I almost ended it right there."

"Andrew? You hang around a band of good-looking young guys, and he accuses you of having sex with Andrew? What's wrong with that dude?"

"I don't know." She huffed out. "He's acting crazier than normal."

"He's probably cheating on you instead," Nathan jokes, earning a whack on his shoulder. "Well, maybe he—"

"Found it!" Kian yelled, holding up the small container with Ritalin printed on the front. He then looked at the bottle and frowned. "It's empty."

"Are you freaking kidding me?" Angrily, Zaire snatched the bottle from Kian. "Why didn't you tell us you needed a refill?"

"I forgot I finished it." He shrugged. "I think I have a backup one in my safe."

"I'm about to–" Zaire charged toward Nathan, but Beth pulled him back. "If you already have another one, why would you have us search around the house for twenty minutes?"

"Did I not say we could do this tomorrow?" said Nathan. "I said it about a hundred times."

"Good night." Beth howled in laughter as she walked back to her room.

"I'll be going too." Nathan got up and walked toward his room. "All three of you can eat an ass for making me stay up this late."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Mama, you didn't have to come with me to my doctor's appointment." Nathan shook his head.

"Yes, I did, and I'm not leaving. Shut up." She replied.