𝖎𝖝 | 𝔞𝔠𝔱𝔢 𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔦𝔰: 𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 𝔫𝔢𝔲𝔣

May 30th, 2020

5:45 A.M

The Akono Residency, Los Angeles, California

Zaire wanted nothing more than to find and kill the person who interrupted his sleep with the constant ding of text messages. He couldn't help but roll his eyes when he saw Andrew's contact name.

Money Man: the three of you are in serious trouble. The label is not liking this attention

Money Man: this is a public appearance that they don't want

Money Man: please don't go anywhere without confirmation from the PR execs first

Zaire clutched his phone tightly. "Of course, I'm woken up by this bullshit." He dialed Andrew's number. "Hey, what the hell are you talking about?"

"The PR. department is telling you to stop attending the protests. You can post on social media, but protesting is prohibited."

"Who the fuck are they to tell me what I can do? As far as I know, I have one daddy, and that nigga is dead, so tell Zeke to go fuck himself."

"I would advise you to listen for once, Zaire. The people at the label don't joke around when it comes to their reputation."

"How am I ruining their reputation? If anything, I'm giving them good publicity by being out there. Every celebrity is getting praised for protesting. There are people who post about it behind a screen and go about their day, and there are people who are in the streets because they care. Actions speak louder than words, Drew."

"However, there are also riots, and people are getting arrested. Getting arrested is bad publicity for the three of you."

"Do you think I care about publicity, Andrew? Some things are way more important than our careers. Javier coming out is one of them. Protesting about injustices is another one. We haven't even released an album yet, and the label already shows its true colors. All I ask is that you stop taking this shit from the label because we are just dollar signs in their eyes at the end of the day. Have our back like we have yours." He pressed the red button to end the call, huffing as he closed his eyes and went back to sleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I'm getting out tomorrow," Theo said while gliding the paintbrush over the canvas. "After a month and three days, I'm finally free."

"You never told me what you do. I've known you for a week, and I still don't know what's your job."

"Well, all you do is talk about yourself and your girlfriend," He laughed at Kian's widened eyes.

"Do I ramble? Because I swear, I don't mean to, and when I start talking about Madison, I never realize—

"Dude, you're rambling right as we speak." Theo pointed out with a chuckle. "It was a joke. I honestly don't mind it because it warms up my cold dead heart. I'm a streamer and a DJ."

"Oh, that's cool. What's your DJ name?"

"Marshmello."

Theo noticed Kian's paintbrush drop out of the corner of his eye. "I'm kidding. Wow, you are gullible. It's Cyber Martian."

"Wait, you're Cyber Martian? Like Cyber Martian with the black robotic alien helmet?" he asked, receiving a proud nod from Theo. "Dude, I've been listening to your music for four years. How did I not realize I was talking to one of my favorite DJs?"

"My voice on stage is way higher than in normal situations. Unfortunately, now that you know what I look like under my helmet, I must kill you," he joked.