𝖛 | 𝔞𝔠𝔱𝔢 𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔦𝔰: 𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 𝔠𝔦𝔫𝔮

May 13th, 2020

7:21 A.M 

The Macari Residency, Toronto, Canada

For the first time in Nathan's life, there was nothing for him to do. The album was finished, he didn't need to film for three weeks, and there were no crises concerning his friends. He had all the free time in the world.

With this period of leisure, he chose to spend his days within the confines of his home, engaging in quality time with his immediate family. Being trapped in the house during the pandemic gave him ample time to bond with his daughter, sister, and parents.

The first day was fun. The Macari family played board games and made baked rigatoni. It reminded them of the time before Nathan became heavily hectic with music. They knew these types of moments were scarce.

The second day was more chaotic. Nathan, Azure, and Emilio kept the house loud, sparking energy into April and Aurora. It was another typical family day.

By the third day, things got strange. Nathan could hear whispered conversations, intense crying, and unpleasant groaning late at night. Whenever he ventured out to investigate, his dad was hot on his tail, assuring him that there was nothing to know.

But Nathan was far from a fool.

He recognized when secrets were kept from him. Paired with how awkward April had been acting the past few months, it didn't take long for him to figure out that his family was keeping something from him.

He didn't want to spend too much time on it because he needed his full attention on Azure, but knowing that his family was keeping secrets infested his mind like an unwanted pest. His urge to hyper-focus on the issue gnawed at him.

The nightly whispers grew in intensity each night, and his mind raced furiously, striving to unravel the enigma that his family guarded. He could sense his anxiety flare up, and he prayed to God that an anxiety attack wasn't on his path, especially with Azure in his care.

April scrutinized Nathan meticulously for the past week. She studied how his leg bounced, how he never let his fingernails catch a break, and how often he spaced out during the day. The whole situation stressed him. There was no doubt about it.

The aura of the house changed after that third night. Nathan yearned for nothing more than to escape with Azure and retreat to an island, far away from the disquietude that engulfed their home.

It was bizarre for him because, during this time, he barely saw his mother. Whenever he'd try to enter her room, the locks were on, or his father was there to say she was asleep. Nathan didn't believe that for a second. Aurora, much like him, was brimmed with energy and possessed an animated demeanor. Sleeping during the day was an unfamiliar occurrence for her.

On a Thursday morning, Nathan planned to get the answers he deserved. Azure was with Kelis for the week, and he made sure to seize the opportunity.

Nate sat at the kitchen table, his omelet still sizzling off the pan. "Morning, papa,"

"Morning,"

"I heard someone groaning and coughing again. Is everything okay?"

"Your sister caught a bug. She's not feeling well. She's on bed rest right now."

Nathan pursed his lips with a nod. "Hm. That's funny."

"What's funny?"

Nathan followed April's reflection around the corner on the stove. "That's funny," he pointed as April entered the kitchen. She was energetic and certainly didn't look ill.