𝖝𝖎𝖝 | 𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔲𝔢: 𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔞 𝔡𝔦𝔠𝔦𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔬𝔳𝔢

March 20th, 2020

9:41 A.M

The Butterfly Effect HQ, Los Angeles, California

"Welp, after four years, Lucy and I are officially broken up," Javier announced.

"Oh damn, dude. You want to talk about it?" Kian suggested.

"Nope!" He exclaimed as he approached the glass door leading to the backyard. "I'd like to self-reflect and meditate."

"Should we check on him? Is this another Nathan situation where he says he's fine and then blows up?" Beth asked.

"I am literally right here," Nathan said.

Choosing to ignore Nathan, Kian answered instead. "Javier is different. He knows when he needs time to himself. He will talk when he needs to talk. I know he's got it figured out."

Nathan scoffed. "Oh, and I don't? I know how to manage my feelings."

Kian closed his eyes briefly and exhaled deeply. "Nate, not everything revolves around you. Please get over yourself."

Just as Nathan opened his mouth to respond, a frantic knock on the door halted the conversation.

"Are we expecting anyone?" Beth looked at her friends before she advanced towards the door.

"Wait!" Zaire shouted at the top of the staircase, with Gohan at his side. "Don't open the door. What if they have corona?" He zipped up his white Hazmat suit and strapped on his gas mask. "Everybody, step back. We need to take temperatures."

"Alright, this is hardly necessary," Kian spoke with a scoff. "Where did you even get that?"

"Don't worry about that. Worry about this guest that could be infected."

"You look ridiculous." Nathan chuckled.

"Whoever's behind the door, please put your forehead against the temperature gun as soon as I open this door!"

"What the hell are you guys doing!" A feminine voice cried out behind the door.

"Bear-bear!" Kian leaped over the couch and swung the door open to pick up Madison and spin her around.

"Hi panda!"

"Ma'am, have you recently tested positive for Covid-19?" Zaire asked with his temperature gun pointed her way.

"Would you relax? I got a negative result yesterday and another negative a few hours ago. I'm safe." She said. "Gohan! Hi cutie."

The 8-week-old golden retriever hopped off the couch and circled Madison's feet. He jumped up just as Madison bent down to pick him up.

"Aww, he's so adorable." She cooed as she kissed the top of his head. "Poor Beth, you continue to be the only girl in this house."

"As long as I have my own bathroom, I'm fine with a million men in this house."

"You would like that, wouldn't you?" Nathan smirked, earning him an eye roll and a shove from Beth. "C'mon, Gohan. We're going for a walk. I'm tired of getting mistreated by my friends."

"Anyway, I'm only here to help Kian pack for Toronto because I'm sure his room is a disaster."

Kian placed a hand over his heart and lovingly pouted. "You know me too well." He replied just as Madison grabbed his hand and marched up the stairs.

"So I need your help with something," Zaire said.

"Is it about that girl you've been seeing? It's about time you got a girlfriend." Beth replied.